Kibana 6.4 prompting basic authentication after upgrading ELK stack from 5.6 to 6.4

Scott Preddy

Jan 21, 2019, 2:08:05 PM1/21/19
to Search Guard Community Forum
Hi,

I posted this question to the Elastic forum and they suggested that I run it by you all. Thank you.

https://discuss.elastic.co/t/kibana-6-4-prompting-basic-authentication-after-upgrading-elk-stack-from-5-6-to-6-4/165085

SG

Jan 21, 2019, 2:21:01 PM1/21/19
to search...@googlegroups.com
For migrating from 5.x to 6.x pls refer to https://docs.search-guard.com/latest/upgrading-5-6

And please note that you need a license in 6.x for using custom authentication backends when you want to load them dynamically.
You can still use them free of charge but this requires that you build the search guard plugin on your own. Make sure you set
"searchguard.enterprise_modules_enabled: true" (60 day trial) so that your custom modules are loaded.

See https://docs.search-guard.com/latest/custom-authentication-modules

Note: We also have a helm chart, maybe this helps on k8s, see https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard-helm