URL shortening perms in Kibana

Tom Ryan

Dec 5, 2017, 7:58:30 PM12/5/17
to search...@googlegroups.com
It appears to me that URL shorting in Kibana requires a permission not granted to the default sg_kibana role:

[2017-12-06T00:30:35,991][INFO ][c.f.s.c.PrivilegesEvaluator] No cluster-level perm match for User [name=redacted, roles=[]] [IndexType [index=.kibana, type=url]] [Action [indices:data/write/bulk]] [RolesChecked [sg_kibana, sg_public]]

My understanding is that granting this permission to the sg_kibana user is acceptable security-wise, as they will still need explicit permission to underlying indices. To avoid granting alias controls to the sg_kibana role, I created a new action group called CLUSTER_COMPOSITE_OPS_BULK:

CLUSTER_COMPOSITE_OPS_BULK:
  - "indices:data/write/bulk"
  - CLUSTER_COMPOSITE_OPS_RO

Posting here in case it helps someone else, and in case there is a risk here I haven't thought of.

SG

Dec 28, 2017, 8:02:22 AM12/28/17
to search...@googlegroups.com
this is also fixed in SG 6