Average issue

John Currey

Oct 2, 2021, 2:51:14 PM10/2/21
to SDQL API
Hi,

Average is not calculating correctly. It's dividing total points by season game. We want total points/games played.

Oct2c.JPG
This is not nearly as critical as my updating the database issue.

Thanks.

Joe Meyer

Oct 2, 2021, 5:41:02 PM10/2/21
to sdq...@googlegroups.com
John and API Friends,

It is not correct to have points (or any stat) set to 0 for future games.
Simply leave stats out of your POST data dict for upcoming games!

To get the running average of points for FRES this season, use the SDQL:

date, 1*A(points), points @ team = FRES and season = 2021

Note how any math (here 1*) outside of a field summative instantiates a running (or cumulative) summative.

Note further how nice it is to include a link to the query result.

best regards,

Joe Meyer

John Currey

Oct 3, 2021, 7:16:29 AM10/3/21