None vs =0

John Currey

Apr 12, 2022, 7:30:22 AM4/12/22
to SDQL API
I was trying to get a team's first home game of each season. In S2, I used this, which now returns no results.
  • date,team,o:team@team=Yankees and H and tS(1@H) is None

I change the query to this which returns the expected data.
  • date,team,o:team@team=Yankees and H and tS(1@H)=0

I think the "is None" version is correct. I'm wondering if something changed or if I have something wrong in the data.

Joe Meyer

Apr 13, 2022, 1:29:34 PM4/13/22
to sdq...@googlegroups.com
John and SDQL API Friends,

yes, the Sum aggregator now default to 0.

To isolate a team's first home game of the season, use the SDQL:
tS(1@H) = 0

or, equivalently,
tA(1@H) is None

I've updated the manual to reflect this change.

Best regards,

Joe Meyer
Sports Database LLC.

John Currey