None issues

John Currey

Jan 17, 2022, 5:55:02 PM1/17/22
to SDQL API

Joe Meyer

Jan 18, 2022, 2:32:16 PM1/18/22
to sdq...@googlegroups.com
John and SDQL API Friends,

This brings up an important and somewhat subtle point:
By default the parameter prefixes are defined using all the games in the database.

My best guess here is that another user had a mis-scheduled game, and that this confused the `tp` prefix.

To ensure that the tp (and other prefixes) only reference the games you have uploaded, use the settings API to set:
{ 'follow':['jcurrey']}

best regards,

Joe Meyer
Sports Database LLC

John Currey

Jan 21, 2022, 8:00:22 PM1/21/22
to SDQL API
Joe,

Maybe I'm mistaken, but wouldn't the explicit use of my database name in the link in my post above be the same as using the follow setting?

Also, this link shows the results without using follow where I get rogue None values in the results:

Here, I have the follow setting on and I get fewer None values, but the None values for 20220117 po:sacks, opo:sacks, and o:sack appear to be returned incorrectly.

Thanks.

John Currey

Jan 22, 2022, 10:47:32 AM1/22/22
to SDQL API
Sorry, I think I've found the cause of this problem -- it's a data issue. Sorry for the false alarm.