svn commit much slower using LDAP user

Mark T.

Dec 17, 2020, 12:08:11 PM12/17/20
to scmmanager
Hello,

I recently setup LDAP on SCM-Manager, and although it works, I am noticing that it takes much more time to commit files than it did when using internal users.

Is there a way to improve upload speed when using LDAP users to commit files?

Thanks,

Mark

Sebastian Sdorra

Dec 22, 2020, 5:40:38 AM12/22/20
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,
This is really strange, because the ldap authentication should be cached. So there should not be a big difference between local and ldap authentication. Could you provide a trace log of such a slow commit?

Sebastian

Rene Pfeuffer

Jan 9, 2021, 2:50:18 PM1/9/21
to scmmanager
Are we talking about svn? In this case I can confirm many calls to the LDAP server. This line (https://github.com/scm-manager/scm-ldap-plugin/blob/develop/src/main/java/sonia/scm/auth/ldap/UserSearcher.java#L65) is called 14 times for a simple svn commit with one  changed file.

I think we have to take a look at this.

René