SCM-Manager 2.16.0

Eduard Heimbuch

Mar 26, 2021, 8:10:12 AM3/26/21
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hello SCM-Manager community,

SCM Manager 2.16.0 brings less new features than usual because we focused on bug fixing.

Nevertheless, some things have changed:
- We support UTF-8 for usernames, group names and namespaces
- We have added many, many new metrics

https://scm-manager.org/blog/posts/2021-03-26-scm-manager-2-16-0/

Your SCM-Manager Team

Will Senn

Mar 26, 2021, 8:23:14 AM3/26/21
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I see a metrics display in the blog post for 2-16-0. Is that available somewhere in the scm-manager? I looked around and couldn't find anything resembling it. Is it a plugin or what?

Thanks,

Will

Eduard Heimbuch

Mar 26, 2021, 8:27:56 AM3/26/21
to scmmanager
Hey Will,

this is not inside SCM-Manager but an Grafana dashboard which uses the collected metrics from Prometheus. We have 2 Plugins which provide metrics collected inside SCM-Manager but the actual monitoring tools like dashboards are not included.

Hope this help.

Best regards,
Eduard Heimbuch

Will Senn

Mar 26, 2021, 8:33:57 AM3/26/21
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eduard,

Got it. I did see the metric data plugins when I was looking around. Cool. I can live with that. Y'all might consider adding a dashboard :). That Grafana thing appears to be overkill for my use-case, but it does look amazing.

Will