namespaces

Will Senn

May 17, 2021, 1:21:05 PM5/17/21
to scmmanager
Hi,

I'm accumulating repos more quickly than I thought I would. I am wondering if namespaces might be the answer to organizing my stuff. If I create a new namespace, say archives, and move my less used repos there, am I forever stuck with the arrangement or can I move repos between namespaces pretty much at will? Are there downsides to using namespaces? Currently, I have one namespace - git.

Thanks,
Will

Sebastian Sdorra

May 18, 2021, 11:23:12 AM5/18/21
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Will,
There are no downsides using namespaces, we have built them to solve the organizing problem. We use many workspaces on a daily basis.

You can move repositories as often as you want, but keep in mind that the namespace is part of the repository url and you have to adjust all places where the url is used (e.g.: clones, build jobs, ide configuration etc.).

To move a repository to another namespace, ensure you have selected the "custom" namespace strategy in the administration. Then you can hit the rename button in the repository settings, which should now have a field for the namespace.

Sebastian

Will Senn

May 18, 2021, 12:24:57 PM5/18/21
to scmma...@googlegroups.com