trying to use the Commit Message Checker plugin

Marlene Cote

Jul 30, 2021, 2:56:14 PM7/30/21
to scmmanager
No matter how I configure the plugin, my commits fail.  if I disable it, the commit works.
I have set it up to use the template and it looks like this:
plugin.PNG
What else do I need to do?  I don't know where to set the key pattern it is referring to???

Rene Pfeuffer

Aug 2, 2021, 2:56:53 AM8/2/21
to scmmanager
Hi, there is a little error: If you haven't "enabled" the Jira plugin by setting a URL for a Jira server, the plugin fails. If you have configured a Jira server, there has to be another reason. Does this help?

Marlene Cote

Aug 2, 2021, 8:57:43 AM8/2/21
to scmmanager
i had configured the jira plugin.

Eduard Heimbuch

Aug 5, 2021, 8:31:00 AM8/5/21
to scmmanager

Hey, do you have project filters configured on your SCM-Manager Jira config? If your project filters look like "SCM,ABC" your commits must match either one of this projects to be valid.

Eg. "SCM-42 Important feature" should be successful with the commit-message-checker.
But "SFT-1 Initial commit" should be rejected since it does not match the configured projects.

I hope this could help you.

Marlene Cote

Aug 5, 2021, 11:31:25 AM8/5/21
to scmmanager
thank you that helped.  I double checked my config and realized I used the whole jira project name vs. the abbreviation.  Now my commits are working using the checkin comment.  However, I see queued comments in the issue tracker config, but none are going to my jira instance.
Capture.PNG

Marlene Cote

Aug 5, 2021, 11:40:23 AM8/5/21
to scmmanager
I upgraded scm manager so it restarted and now it is working 100%!!  thank you for your help everyone

Marlene Cote

Aug 5, 2021, 11:48:56 AM8/5/21
to scmmanager

How long do the commits stay in pending and do I have to manually resubmit them?

Marlene Cote

Aug 5, 2021, 12:16:11 PM8/5/21
to scmmanager
I mean comments in scm-manager queue.

Eduard Heimbuch

Aug 5, 2021, 1:18:03 PM8/5/21
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hey Marlene,

as i know the comments are stored until you resubmit or deleted them.

Message has been deleted

Sebastian Sdorra

Aug 5, 2021, 1:46:20 PM8/5/21
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
This exception means that SCM-Manager does not accept the certificate which is used by the jira server. Do you use a self signed certificate? If this is the case the ssl-context-plugin may help.

Sebastian

On Thu 5. Aug 2021 at 19:38, Marlene Cote <funee...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am seeing this in the log - 2021-08-05 13:33:09.963 [pool-11-thread-1] [          ] WARN  sonia.scm.issuetracker.internal.resubmit.ResubmitProcessor - failed to resubmit queued comment for tracker jira and issue key DEV-47
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Marlene Cote

Aug 5, 2021, 1:53:29 PM8/5/21
to scmmanager

I saw a cert in the ssl context settings screen, so I approved it.  Now i am getting this:
2021-08-05 13:51:43.344 [pool-11-thread-1] [          ] WARN  sonia.scm.issuetracker.internal.resubmit.ResubmitProcessor - failed to resubmit queued comment for tracker jira and issue key DEV-47
sonia.scm.jira.JiraException: failed to add comment to DEV-47, return code 400

Eduard Heimbuch

Aug 6, 2021, 3:54:27 AM8/6/21
to scmmanager
Hmm, this seems like an internal Jira exception. Could you provide further logs? Also could you try to clear all comments and trigger a new comment? I am curious why Jira rejects your requests. What version of Jira do you have installed?
Message has been deleted

Eduard Heimbuch

Aug 6, 2021, 4:03:31 AM8/6/21
to scmmanager
Do you have the trace monitor plugin installed? This is very helpful to see why requests fail.

Marlene Cote

Aug 6, 2021, 9:30:46 AM8/6/21
to scmmanager
Jira v8.16.0
which logs would you like?
I  installed the trace monitor plugin, but the details are the same as the log message - error 400.
Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Marlene Cote

Aug 6, 2021, 9:37:50 AM8/6/21
to scmmanager
when I try the url, it fails until I login as the jira user configured to login to jira in the plugin.
Then when I enter it, I get JSON, {"startAt":0,"maxResults":1048576,"total":0,"comments":[]}

Marlene Cote

Aug 6, 2021, 9:40:04 AM8/6/21
to scmmanager
I am seeing my commits in jira using the crucible/fisheye integration, so perhaps I should turn off the comment updating?  Not sure if I can do that but still keep the comment checking?