Updates overwrite port configuration

Alan Hodges

Mar 5, 2021, 6:12:44 AM3/5/21
to scmmanager

Hi,
I'm using a non-standard listening port (8085) for Scm Manager behind nginx, and it all works perfectly, but every time there is an Scm Manager update, the configuration gets reset to the default listening port (8080). Is there a way of avoiding this?
I've bee configuring the port both in /etc/default/scm and in /etc/scm/server-config.xml. Both of these seem to get overwritten during the update.

Sebastian Sdorra

Mar 5, 2021, 7:52:42 AM3/5/21
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
How did you install SCM-Manager rpm, deb, docker?

Sebastian

Alan Hodges

Mar 5, 2021, 7:57:17 AM3/5/21
to scmmanager

I added "deb https://packages.scm-manager.org/repository/apt-v2-releases/ stable main" to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/scm-manager.list and installed using apt

Sebastian Sdorra

Mar 5, 2021, 8:03:25 AM3/5/21
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Ok, the debian package should not overwrite modified configurations. I will see what goes wrong.

Sebastian

Sebastian Sdorra

Mar 12, 2021, 1:43:06 AM3/12/21
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
The issue is fixed with the upcoming 2.15.0 release.

It may be that this release overwrites the config one last time, but the following releases will no longer overwrite changed configs.

Sebastian

Alan Hodges

Mar 15, 2021, 5:03:09 AM3/15/21
to scmmanager
Thanks Sebastian 😁

Alan Hodges

Mar 16, 2021, 9:30:15 AM3/16/21
to scmmanager
Running an non-interactive upgrade as follows:
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive UCF_FORCE_CONFFNEW=YES sudo -E apt-get -y upgrade
which included the 2.15.0 release, I got

Setting up scm-server (2.15.0) ...

Configuration file '/etc/default/scm-server'
 ==> File on system created by you or by a script.
 ==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** scm-server (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?

which caused my script to hang waiting for user input.

This obviously is not respecting the non-interactivity of the upgrade process.
Shouldn't the installer respect the options supplied to apt-get, and install the new version?
If it's a one-off for this release, no problems, but if it's going to be a problem with future releases, it would be an issue.

Rene Pfeuffer

Mar 17, 2021, 1:51:47 PM3/17/21
to scmmanager
Can you do us a favor and check this again with 2.15.1 and tell us, whether you still have to answer this interactive question?

Alan Hodges

Mar 17, 2021, 5:56:38 PM3/17/21
to scmmanager
Yay!! That worked with no prompting (and keeping the configuration in /etc/default)
Thanks

Rene Pfeuffer

Mar 18, 2021, 3:49:52 AM3/18/21
to scmmanager
Glad to hear this. Thanks for the feedback :-)

Alan Hodges

Mar 20, 2021, 1:19:19 AM3/20/21
to scmmanager
You're very welcome. Thanks for fixing it so quickly