SCM-Server 2.12 unable to create a SVN repo

kingoft...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2021, 3:20:52 PM1/7/21
to scmmanager
Hello fellow SCMers,

i recently bumped into an issue with my SCM-server version 2.12 (i have been upgrading all the way from 2.0.0) where i can no longer create a new SVN repository.
I have attached to this email a screenshot of the error, its text as well as the details of the RPM package.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help figure out where the issue is.

Thank you,
Gianluca

Error creating a new working directory

The server could not create a new working directory to process the request. Please check the server log for further information.

Context

Transaction ID 57SLRLcVX50j

Error Code 3tS0mjSoo1

~ $ rpm -qi scm-server

Name        : scm-server

Version     : 2.12.0

Release     : 1

Architecture: noarch

Install Date: Sat 19 Dec 2020 08:32:14 PM EST

Group       : Development/Tools

Size        : 56616451

License     : MIT

Signature   : RSA/SHA512, Thu 17 Dec 2020 10:22:29 AM EST, Key ID 8a44e41377d51fa4

Source RPM  : scm-server-2.12.0-1.src.rpm

Build Date  : Thu 17 Dec 2020 10:22:28 AM EST

Build Host  : ef48074a81a4

Relocations : (not relocatable)

Packager    : Cloudogu GmbH <https://cloudogu.com>

Vendor      : Cloudogu GmbH

URL         : https://scm-manager.org

Summary     : SCM-Manager Server

Description :

The easiest way to share and manage your Git, Mercurial and Subversion repositories

$

scm-server error.png

kingoft...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2021, 4:19:33 PM1/7/21
to scmmanager

looks like the issue was that the path /tmp/scm-work was not there, i manually created it and the problem went away.
Perhaps a bug in the RPM pre/post install script where it isn't creating the directory when upgrading from a previous version?

Thank you,
Gianluca

Sebastian Sdorra

Jan 8, 2021, 10:19:41 AM1/8/21
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
I can't confirm the bug. The workdir is created on startup of scm-manager:

But maybe we can make it more secure by checking if the working directory still exists before using it. I've created a ticket at https://github.com/scm-manager/scm-manager/issues/1493

Sebastian