IDM_OPENSELECTED

chris.d...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2022, 3:15:48 AM4/7/22
to scite-interest
Hi,

I would like to open pictures (jpg, png, ..)  with the system editor if I use command IDM_OPENSELECTED. For an URL this works, but not for pictures.

Is this possible, or are there other options?

Thanks

Neil Hodgson

Apr 7, 2022, 6:45:17 AM4/7/22
to scite-interest
chris.d:

That code is looking for a ’scheme’ at the start like ‘https:’ to run a command. Otherwise it wants to open as a file and that opens into SciTE as text.

> Is this possible, or are there other options?

Define a tool command that runs the command line you want (depends on OS) over $(CurrentSelection) or $(CurrentWord). This works on macOS:

command.2.*=open $(CurrentWord)
command.name.2.*=Open File

Neil

Chris De Boeck