Release sprint, Thursday/Friday 10/11 Dec

Stéfan van der Walt

Dec 7, 2015, 1:06:12 PM12/7/15
to scikit-image

Hi, everyone

It is time to do some final preparations for the end-of-year, holiday edition of scikit-image! This coming Thursday and Friday, please join me in a sprint to round up some final nagging issues before we tag 0.12.

Looking forward to seeing you on Gitter!

Stéfan

Johannes Schönberger

Dec 7, 2015, 2:31:56 PM12/7/15
to scikit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sounds good, but I won't be able to join you this time. About to move back to Europe this weekend.

Have fun!

Stéfan van der Walt

Dec 7, 2015, 2:45:18 PM12/7/15
to scikit-image
On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Johannes Schönberger <js...@demuc.de> wrote:
> Sounds good, but I won't be able to join you this time. About to move back
> to Europe this weekend.

Good luck with the move, Johannes!

Stéfan

Emmanuelle Gouillart

Dec 7, 2015, 3:23:53 PM12/7/15
to scikit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stéfan,

great idea! I'll join in the evenings from Paris, so that the timing
won't be too bad for chatting with California!

I had a quick look at open issues and pull requests tagged for 0.12
milestone, I don't know if all important issues have been tagged though.
I can see that Travis is still failing on most pull requests, any hope to
fix this before the release?

Cheers,
Emma

Stéfan van der Walt

Dec 7, 2015, 3:26:45 PM12/7/15
to scikit-image
Hi Emmanuelle

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 12:23 PM, Emmanuelle Gouillart
<emmanuelle...@nsup.org> wrote:
> great idea! I'll join in the evenings from Paris, so that the timing
> won't be too bad for chatting with California!

Fantastic, thank you!

> I had a quick look at open issues and pull requests tagged for 0.12
> milestone, I don't know if all important issues have been tagged though.
> I can see that Travis is still failing on most pull requests, any hope to
> fix this before the release?

No, I fear the triaging is very much incomplete.

Josh, Warren, Matthew, and others are working on fixing the Travis
issues (thanks very much for jumping in, everyone).

Stéfan

Alexandre Fioravante de Siqueira

Dec 10, 2015, 9:17:57 AM12/10/15
to scikit-image
Hi Stéfan and everyone!
I would really like to help, but my Python experience is not so great. What could I do?
Thank you very much for all your efforts on bringing that amazing software to all of us!

Alex

Stéfan van der Walt

Dec 10, 2015, 11:05:18 AM12/10/15
to scikit-image

Hi, Alexandre!

Thank you very much for offering to help. For today, please head over to our GitHub repository and have a look at outstanding issues and pull requests, especially the ones tagged with the "0.12" milestone.

Thanks,
Stéfan

Alexandre Fioravante de Siqueira

Dec 10, 2015, 4:04:48 PM12/10/15
to scikit-image
Hi Stéfan,
I am looking on the "white space" issue (https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/issues/1773), rewriting some code to achieve PEP 8 style and wondering on that spaces, but I'm really frightened on pulling my code.
Is there a way to check the structure of the example pages before pulling it?
Thank you very much!

Alex

Kevin Keraudren

Dec 10, 2015, 4:42:01 PM12/10/15
to scikit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

You may want to address this issue as well, considering it contains the answer to your question:

(go in to the docs directory and type ‘make')

“Documentation does not explain how to build the docs"

If you build the doc, you will also build the example pages!

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Alexandre Fioravante de Siqueira

Dec 10, 2015, 4:44:32 PM12/10/15