Re: FW: Python version of your subpixel registration code

Michael Sarahan

Jun 16, 2016, 8:44:20 AM6/16/16
to Manuel Guizar, scikit...@googlegroups.com
Manuel,

Many thanks for the good news! I have copied the scikit image mailing list here.   Stefan was able to get permission from Prof. Fienup so that we could include it, but this news is still excellent. Scikit image team, please ping me on github if this news raises any issues.

Best regards,
Michael

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016, 04:21 Manuel Guizar <mgu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Michael,

I am not sure if you are still interested or if this has any impact on your scikit contribution. Took some time but now the code is under a BSD license. I had to rewrite parts of it in the end.

http://ch.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/18401-efficient-subpixel-image-registration-by-cross-correlation

Cheers,

--
Manuel Guizar-Sicairos, PhD

Stéfan van der Walt

Jun 17, 2016, 3:47:33 AM6/17/16
to scikit-image
Hi Michael

Thanks for letting us know--as you correctly point out, our code was vetted & approved by the original authors, so we are not affected.

Best regards
Stéfan

Josh Warner

Jun 17, 2016, 8:53:28 PM6/17/16
to scikit-image
Tangentially related:

I'd very much like to see a highly accurate rotational/angular registration algorithm added to scikit-image to complement this one. From my own experience, when combining a bracketed set into HDR images the alignment must be near-perfect. This does a great job for translation, but often there's a rotational component also.

I've got another great advanced tutorial example brewing, but need highly accurate rotational registration to make it really properly robust...

Josh