Saving an image

Jatin Katyal

Mar 13, 2016, 10:17:00 AM3/13/16
to scikit-image
Hi guys, this is Jatin. I was using scikit-image module and was going through examples, after some time I realised that in all examples images are being opened as numpy.ndarray but nowhere these images were saved as .jpg or .png(or any other format). Can you tell me how to save these images which I modified?

Himanshu Mishra

Mar 13, 2016, 10:22:03 AM3/13/16
to scikit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jatin,

Did you try the `io` module of `skimage` ? I believe we can save the images (numpy ndarray) using `io.save()`.

Regards,
Himanshu Mishra

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 7:47 PM, Jatin Katyal <jatink...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys, this is Jatin. I was using scikit-image module and was going through examples, after some time I realised that in all examples images are being opened as numpy.ndarray but nowhere these images were saved as .jpg or .png(or any other format). Can you tell me how to save these images which I modified?

Himanshu Mishra

Jatin Katyal

Mar 13, 2016, 10:28:10 AM3/13/16
to scikit-image

Thank you Himanshu, I don't know why I did not see documentation.
BTW, it is "imsave".

François Boulogne

Mar 13, 2016, 10:51:16 AM3/13/16
to scikit...@googlegroups.com
Le 13/03/2016 15:28, Jatin Katyal a écrit :

> Thank you Himanshu, I don't know why I did not see documentation.

It is. Right here: http://scikit-image.org/docs/stable/user_guide.html

It's probably a matter of visibility/location.

Best,

--
François Boulogne.
http://www.sciunto.org

François Boulogne

Mar 14, 2016, 8:05:52 AM3/14/16
to scikit...@googlegroups.com
Le 13/03/2016 15:51, François Boulogne a écrit :
> Le 13/03/2016 15:28, Jatin Katyal a écrit :
>> Thank you Himanshu, I don't know why I did not see documentation.
>>

> It is. Right here: http://scikit-image.org/docs/stable/user_guide.html
>
> It's probably a matter of visibility/location.

FYI, an additional link has been added at the top of the gallery:
https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/pull/2001
I hope it will gain visibility.