Feature extraction for 3D model

Zichao Li

Feb 28, 2016, 11:34:52 PM2/28/16
to scikit-image
I have about 1Gb 3d models contained in .obj file and now I'd like to do some feature extraction: color, texture, shape etc. I wonder how can i do it with scikit-image? I can't find relative explanation in documents. Thanks a lot!

Stéfan van der Walt

Feb 28, 2016, 11:51:02 PM2/28/16
to scikit-image
Hi, Zichao

In what format is your obj file? The ones I've dealt with in the past
didn't store color or texture!

Stéfan

Zichao Li

Feb 29, 2016, 3:30:54 AM2/29/16
to scikit-image
Dear Stefanv,

Here is one of my .obj files. Please take a look.

Best,
Zichao

在 2016年2月29日星期一 UTC+8下午12:34:52,Zichao Li写道:
4_13.obj.zip

Stéfan van der Walt

Apr 29, 2016, 3:47:36 AM4/29/16
to scikit-image
Hi Zichao

I took a look at your file and it seems to be... from Minecraft?

I guess a good place to start would be:

and

Regards
Stéfan