School Garden Logic Model

Sherman Garden

Aug 11, 2020, 11:23:54 PM8/11/20
to School Garden Support Organization Network
Hi there,
Does anyone have a Logic Model for school gardens they can share? I'm happy to provide feedback, if you want.

Yours in soil-based education,

--
Christina Abuelo
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Maguire, Erin

Aug 12, 2020, 10:03:39 AM8/12/20
to Sherman Garden, School Garden Support Organization Network

Good Morning,

This resource is for community not school gardens but some of the same basic principles apply.

If you have not looked into P-Patch in Seattle, they have been around since the 1960s building and supporting gardens. They are a great model and resource.

Sign up for their newsletter too!

Best,

Erin Maguire

Farm to School Coordinator

State of New Jersey

Department of Agriculture

Division of Food and Nutrition

Email: erin.m...@ag.nj.gov

Office: 609-292-8662

Cell: 609-433-2384

Website: https://www.farmtoschool.nj.gov/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this communication from New Jersey Department of Agriculture is privileged and confidential and is intended for the sole use of the persons or entities who are the addressees. If you are not an intended recipient of this email, the dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the information it contains is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately contact the sender of this email message to arrange for the return of this information.

Aug 12, 2020, 10:08:30 AM8/12/20
to Maguire, Erin, Sherman Garden, School Garden Support Organization Network

Sam Ullery (OSSE)

Aug 12, 2020, 1:46:53 PM8/12/20
to School Garden Support Organization Network
Hi Christina,
Are you looking for examples of logic models for one school garden, or a school garden program supporting multiple school gardens?

Whitney Cohen

Aug 12, 2020, 2:37:50 PM8/12/20
to Sherman Garden, School Garden Support Organization Network
Hi,

At the School Garden Support Organization (SGSO) Leadership Institutes over the past 5 years, we have gathered various resources from School Garden Support Organizations. Here is a write up on best practices for evaluating programs, which includes examples from SGSOs across the country, and here is a folder with sample logic models from participating SGSOs.

I hope that’s helpful! If you have a Logic Model to contribute, please add it to the folder, or send it to me and I can add it for you!

All My Best,
Whiney

Whitney Cohen (pronoun: she)
Education Director, Life Lab
educ...@lifelab.org
831-459-5395
See how we’re changing the nature of education!

School Garden Support Organization Network

Sep 10, 2021, 1:42:20 AM9/10/21
to School Garden Support Organization Network
We have added some resources and additional sample logic models from other school garden organizations.

Find many more resources listed under "Resources For Taking A Deep Dive Into Evaluation & Assessment" on this page www.sgsonetwork.org/evaluation

Have a great day,
JOHN