Scala IDE 4.1-RC2 is out!

Scala IDE

May 18, 2015, 1:29:38 PM5/18/15
to scala-ide-dev Dev, scala-i...@googlegroups.com, scala-tools, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
We just released the second Release Candidate of Scala IDE 4.1! In contrast to the first release candidate, it contains a few fixes for regressions that were found in the last week.

This release can be consumed both from the regular update sites, and as a standalone Eclipse distribution.

Highlights:

- Expression evaluator
- Hot Code Replacement
- New schema of compiling dependent projects
- Removal of old wizards

Read all the details in our release notes. This is a release candidate, so please try it out and let us know if you find problems. If no serious regressions or blockers are found, we will promote this release as a final release.

The Scala IDE team

Mirko Stocker

May 18, 2015, 1:37:39 PM5/18/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting an Access Denied error when trying to download either Linux
version:

<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access
Denied</Message><RequestId>4BC59ABFE9D0A419</RequestId><HostId>mh8vwjapkbyxTl99/BNszKpiTX8iDqp+DCb0X3+JyfsxkaY+rt3yBWRspX3fJ1Xb</HostId></Error>

Windows seems to work though.

Cheers

Mirko

--
Mirko Stocker | mi...@stocker.email
Work: http://ifs.hsr.ch | http://infoq.com

Simon Schäfer

May 18, 2015, 1:52:29 PM5/18/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com

On 05/18/2015 07:37 PM, Mirko Stocker wrote:
> I'm getting an Access Denied error when trying to download either Linux
> version:
Yeah sorry, the upload is not yet finished. Please try again in an hour
or so.

Scott Carey

May 18, 2015, 8:19:35 PM5/18/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com, scala-...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com, scala...@googlegroups.com
What is the expected compatibility with Eclipse Mars (due for release on June 24)?  https://wiki.eclipse.org/Mars/Simultaneous_Release_Plan

The first Mars RC is due out at the end of this week, I'd like to know if it is worthwhile to try them both out simultaneously.

Naftoli Gugenheim

May 19, 2015, 1:43:49 AM5/19/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com, scala-...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com, scala...@googlegroups.com

I've been using the nightlies with M7 and although Mars clearly has bugs, Scala was fine. Actually the other day I updated and scala broke totally, was that a known issue?

iulian dragos

May 19, 2015, 3:41:35 AM5/19/15
to scala-ide-dev, scala-i...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com, scala-tools
On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Naftoli Gugenheim <nafto...@gmail.com> wrote:

I've been using the nightlies with M7 and although Mars clearly has bugs, Scala was fine. Actually the other day I updated and scala broke totally, was that a known issue?

You mean you upgraded to Mars RC1 and Scala stopped working?

« Je déteste la montagne, ça cache le paysage »
Alphonse Allais

iulian dragos

May 19, 2015, 3:52:46 AM5/19/15
On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 9:41 AM, iulian dragos <jagu...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Naftoli Gugenheim <nafto...@gmail.com> wrote:

I've been using the nightlies with M7 and although Mars clearly has bugs, Scala was fine. Actually the other day I updated and scala broke totally, was that a known issue?

You mean you upgraded to Mars RC1 and Scala stopped working?

Things work fine for me using Mars RC1 and Scala IDE 4.1.0-RC2. All obvious features are working just fine (hovers, hyperlinking, completion, building, Run As Scala app). What's broken for you?

iulian

Naftoli Gugenheim

May 19, 2015, 2:48:03 PM5/19/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com, scala-ide-dev, scala-a...@googlegroups.com, scala-tools
On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 3:41 AM iulian dragos <jagu...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Naftoli Gugenheim <nafto...@gmail.com> wrote:

I've been using the nightlies with M7 and although Mars clearly has bugs, Scala was fine. Actually the other day I updated and scala broke totally, was that a known issue?

You mean you upgraded to Mars RC1 and Scala stopped working?

No the scala nightly did an update.

iulian dragos

May 20, 2015, 12:33:56 PM5/20/15
On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 8:48 PM, Naftoli Gugenheim <nafto...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 3:41 AM iulian dragos <jagu...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Naftoli Gugenheim <nafto...@gmail.com> wrote:

I've been using the nightlies with M7 and although Mars clearly has bugs, Scala was fine. Actually the other day I updated and scala broke totally, was that a known issue?

You mean you upgraded to Mars RC1 and Scala stopped working?

No the scala nightly did an update.

Still, the nightly doesn't have anything that is not in RC2, and things looked good when I tried RC2 with Eclipse Mars. I wonder what's going on. What kind of issues did you have?

Naftoli Gugenheim

May 20, 2015, 3:07:08 PM5/20/15
to iulian dragos, scala-ide-dev, scala-i...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com, scala-tools

The editors stopped working, with a details button in them that showed some error, IIRC. But anyway I updated again today or yesterday and it's working.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "scala-tools" group.