Ensign Aurora James: "Introductions and Psych exams" TAG: Frazier & Kaji

Ame Rose

Feb 1, 2014, 9:44:59 PM2/1/14
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

“Introductions and Psych exams” TAG: Frazier & Kaji

((OOC: Someone else tagged me so this is a partial backsim that covers the time after the medical staff meeting and Kaji’s psych evaluation. ))

((Embassy – Counselor’s Office, 1145))

:: Aurora glanced up from her PADD and checked her chronometer and decided to take a walk outside. She smiled as she headed out the door. ::

((Embassy – Grounds, 1150))

Frazier: Excuse me.

:: Aurora saw someone she didn’t meet yet and when he caught her by surprise. ::

Frazier: Are you Ensign James?

:: She looked at him like he was crazy for a moment before regaining her bearings. ::

James: Yes, I am. Ensign Aurora James, the new Counselor for both the Embassy and the Thunder.

Frazier: Sorry for the interruption, I am Lt.Cmdr Samal Frazier, one of the security officers here at the embassy.

James: Apology accepted Sir; it’s a pleasure to meet you. Is there anything I can do for you?

oO I’ll need to make this guy an appointment…well I can schedule him after I’ve dealt with the majority of the senior staff. Oo

Frazier: ?

James: Well I have to get back to my office, but drop by my office say around 1600 and we can talk then.

:: With a final smile and wave at the Lt. Commander, Aurora finished her walk and headed back to her office. ::

((Embassy – Counselor’s Office, 1257))

:: Aurora was looking at the PADD in her hand reviewing the psychological files of the Embassy’s current crew, especially that of her first appointment, Talia Kaji. Aurora looked up when Kaji knocked on the open door. ::

James: oO That file wasn’t very helpful, she’ll have to talk to me instead Oo Welcome Lt, have a seat.  Let’s start with the basic’s, how are you feeling today?

Kaji: Umm, pretty good.

James: Okay, well I’ve read your file but it’s not very descriptive; why don’t you start at the beginning.

:: Aurora noted the look on Kaji’s face and flashed a reassuring smile. ::

Kaji: Well, I’m from Rodul, and I just joined Starfleet recently.  I’ve been a doctor for over sixty years, so medical just seemed a natural fit.  I have a bond partner and a son.

:: Aurora listened intently to Kaji’s tale making notes on her PADD ::

Kaji:  Do you have anything in particular I can tell you about?

James: :: Aurora was about to say something, but Kaji cut her off before she could speak. ::

Kaji:  Well, recently I had an ectopic pregnancy, and found out I can’t have any more children, so I’ve been struggling with that.

:: Noting Kaji’s struggle with that kind of news, Aurora could relate on some level. ::

James: That kind of news can always be hard, but you must trust that your son will grow up to be healthy and strong. Let’s talk about you and your partner. How did you meet?

Kaji: ?

:: Listening to Kaji’s account of how her and her partner met was moving; Aurora could sense the love in her words. Aurora also noted that Kaji didn’t seem to be comfortable talking about her personal life, which wasn’t uncommon. Aurora hoped tea would help her feel more comfortable. ::

James: Thank you, that was very enlightening; it’s clearly an important part of your life. How would you describe your current home-life?

Kaji: ?

Ensign Aurora James

Counselor

Embassy Duronis II - USS Thunder NCC-70605-A