Ensign Aurora James, “Tours, Meetings, and Work” TAG: Kaji

Ame Rose

Jan 27, 2014, 7:51:51 PM1/27/14
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((OOC: This sim covers the rest of her tour, the meeting, and the Kaji's psych evaluation.))

“Tours, Meetings, and Work” TAG: Kaji

IC:

((Embassy – Medical Center))

:: Aurora smiled and headed back into the main waiting area of the med center looking for Devonshire. ::

Kaji:  =/\= Medical Personnel, I’m scheduling a staff meeting for first thing in the morning.  Meet in the conference room at 0730. =/\=

James: =/\= Acknowledged. =/\=  ::Turning to Devonshire:: So, how about that tour?

Devonshire: :: smiling :: We could start with your office, but it's a lot more beautiful outside in the gardens.

James: :: Smiling happily :: Sounds great.

Devonshire: You can call me Will if you like.

((Embassy Grounds))

:: Aurora happily followed Devonshire around the grounds for the tour making mental notes of places and people. Aurora started making an appointment chart in her head starting with Kaji; it would take some time to evaluate the staff of the Embassy, and it would be a complete pain, but she vowed to herself that she would make it look easy. They ran into several people on their tour and although she recognized them from their files, Devonshire introduced her for the most part, but when she started making her own introductions, she noticed the slight decline in Will’s mood. ::

James: Hi, I’m Ensign Aurora James, the new Counselor.

Random Civilian: Hi, nice to see a new face glad to meet you.

:: Aurora finished her conversation and was glad when Will made a suggestion. ::

Devonshire: Why don't we go to the Kofi Bar for a bite of lunch? If it's people you want to meet, then that's the place to be. Most everyone eats there, making it a perfect place to introduce yourself.

James: Really?

Devonshire: Well to tell you the truth, I could use something to eat, and they have the best hotdogs on the planet.

James: :: Smiling :: Sounds good.

:: Aurora and Devonshire wandered off to lunch. ::

((In the morning, 0730, Medical Center - Conference Room))

:: Aurora walked into the conference room, she didn’t really need to be here, but she felt it was important for her to be, if nothing else to get a feel for the medical staff before she started the psych evaluations. ::

Kaji:  Ok, I’m going to go ahead and start this.  Thanks for coming in a little early, everybody!  I have a little surprise for us.  I know we need a little more workspace around here, and especially on the ship.  Sadly we can’t have special offices for everybody, but I do want everyone to have a special place to work.  I’ve actually been working on a plan for a couple of weeks, and I got approval and arranged for engineering to help out.  So here is the plan for the new sickbay.

:: Kaji passed out a printed copy of the design. ::

Kaji:  This is just the plan for the shipside offices, I’m still working on the one planetside.  It’s mostly just a reorganization of the standard Akira-class facilities, nothing really special.  I hope, though, that we can figure out our duties and areas so that we can serve the crew better as a team.  Any thoughts?

R'acha:  The Deckplan design seems adequete for all the needs of the staff and patients..

James: oO This looks sufficient Oo

Red Elk: I call not *it* on cleaning that fish tank.  I used to have to clean my little brother’s fish tank, I’ve paid my dues...

R'acha:  It would be my pleasure to clean the fish tank..

Red Elk: You have no idea…  With all of our advanced tech, those things still stink to high heaven.

Kaji:  I have an idea for the arrangement of our duties.  Day shift, I’d like R’acha to cover Obstetrics, Gynecology and the Nursery.  You can have the desk in the Nursery as your personal desk.  Dr. Hendon, you are Chief of Surgery, so you of course have the Surgical Bay, and the office there is yours.  If you don’t have appointments or current patients, I’d like you to help in the main sickbay.  Dr Devonshire, I’d like you to take the night shift covering main sickbay and the ICU, if you don’t mind.  The desk in the ICU is yours if you want it.  How does that sound?

R'acha: Obstetrics desk...reasonable. Looks fine, M'am.

Kaji:  I’m going to split the medical staff into two teams, Blue and Red.  R’acha, Hendon, Benelat, Franklin and I are on Blue team; Devonshire and Red Elk are on Red team.  When the Thunder is at the Embassy, I’d like Blue team to be working planetside, and red team working shipside.  When the Thunder leaves, the teams will switch.  That way both centres are staffed, but the majority of the doctors stay with the majority of the crew.  Any questions or concerns?

James: oO Seems fair, but it sounds stressful Oo No, I think it’s a well-organized plan.

R'acha: Well organized plan…

Red Elk: Nope.

Kaji:  Alright!  I’m so glad we’re all on the same page.  Then, unless there’s anything else, I think we should all get to work!

:: Aurora smiled as she headed to her office. ::

((Embassy – Counselor’s Office, 1257))

:: Aurora was looking at the PADD in her hand reviewing the psychological files of the Embassy’s current crew, especially that of her first appointment, Talia Kaji. Aurora looked up when Kaji knocked on the open door. ::

James: oO That file wasn’t very helpful, she’ll have to talk to me instead Oo Welcome Lt, have a seat.  Let’s start with the basic’s, how are you feeling today?

Kaji: ?

James: Okay, well I’ve read your file but it’s not very descriptive; why don’t you start at the beginning.

Kaji: ?

:: Aurora listened intently to Kaji’s  tale making notes on her PADD ::

Ensign Aurora James

Counselor

Embassy Duronis II - USS Thunder NCC-70605-A