SARL Plots for Windows issue

Larry Banks

Oct 21, 2020, 4:19:58 PM10/21/20
to HAM - SARK110
Hi all,

I recently had an issue with my SARK110 that Melchor quickly resolved for me.  THANKS Melchor!

However in the process I noticed that my SARK Plots for Windows was not working correctly.  I uninstalled the .48 version (I am running Win7 64 Pro) and downloaded the current .49 version.  When I click on “setup.exe” I cannot install it.   Even running as an administrator I receive this when I try:

image

We all know the software is OK.

I have never seen this before.  I am the administrator!   I have tried everything I can think of – and I am not a computer newbie – but have failed.   (I disconnected from the internet and turned off my Norton 360 so that’s not it either.)  I also changed my Account Control status to “never notify” which didn’t help either.

Any ideas anyone?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

image[2].png

Ф С

Oct 22, 2020, 1:38:58 AM10/22/20
to sar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lary, I had bad experience with Norton, after several issues like yours, I deinstalled it and went with different program, it looks like still working on back ground.
If you have chance deinstalled it first then try to install sark program.
Im usin win 7 64 ultimate, with eset, no any problems
73,
Filip

Larry Banks

Oct 22, 2020, 8:55:19 AM10/22/20
to sar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Flip,

I have never had issues with Norton before this, and I had disconnected from the Internet and thought I had turned Norton off completely, but I will look at that again to be sure no Norton processes are still running.

Larry / W1DYJ
image[2].png

melchor...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2020, 12:16:16 PM10/22/20
to sar...@googlegroups.com

Hi Larry,

Please download the following variant “SARK110_Plots_1_0_0_53_win7_WO-Installer.zip” at:

http://www.sark110.com/files/sark-plots/SARK110_Plots_1_0_0_53_win7_WO-Installer.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

This is the latest version of the program, but with a previous version of the DLL that does not support Bluetooth LE, so it should work with Win7.

Also, this variant includes the raw executables, but without the installer as the used one, ClickOnce from Microsoft, can be blocked by the system due to some security settings; e.g. see https://www.gonnalearn.com/your-administrator-has-blocked-this-application-because-it-potentially-poses-a-security-risk-to-your-computer/

You will have to extract the executables in the zip file to a folder in your computer and double click on the executable; then you may create a Desktop link.

Please let me know if this solves the issue.

Thank you,

Melchor EA4FRB

image001.png

Larry Banks

Oct 22, 2020, 5:36:44 PM10/22/20
to sar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Melchor,

I will get to this later today hopefully, or tomorrow at the latest.  I will obviously let you know how it goes.

Larry / W1DYJ

Larry Banks

Oct 26, 2020, 3:28:59 PM10/26/20
to sar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Melchor,

First I must apologize for not getting to this Friday as I promised.  Using your v53 win7 WO_installer worked the first time.  Your were correct in that the issues I had must have been Windows blocking the installer.

Now I have to resolve the difference with what the SARK110 is showing me and the plot from SARK Plots as they remain different.

THANK YOU AGAIN!
Larry / W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 12:16

We all know the software is OK.

Larry Banks

Nov 3, 2020, 3:46:03 PM11/3/20
to sar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Melchor,

I finally had a chance to look at why SARK Plots was giving me a different response that the SARK110.  It was “cockpit-error” on my part.

I had been using the Matching Tool in SARK Plots to design a matching network for my 160 dipole.  I had left SARK Plots in the Matching Tool mode. Of course, this changed all subsequent plots.  Once I had reset the Matching Tool to “NONE” the plots are now correct.

Thanks again for a great tool and great support.

melchor...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2020, 3:58:28 PM11/3/20
to sar...@googlegroups.com

Hi Larry,

I’m glad to know that the issue was clarified and thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,