Sanskrit OCR

माखन चोर

Nov 29, 2021, 12:38:27 AM11/29/21
to sams...@googlegroups.com, mohanc...@gmail.com
https://ocr.sanskritdictionary.com/

Mohan chettoor mahoday said Sanskrit ocr doesn't work well but Samskrit works very well with ocr. I have tried it.
I don't know how to reply there so J am sending in new topic

On Mon, 29 Nov, 2021, 9:21 am , <sams...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
"K.N.RAMESH" <knra...@gmail.com>: Nov 28 05:52PM +0530

Courtesy:Dr.Korada Subramanyam

What is भग and who is भगवान् ? *The term , pregnant with meaning , is
being abused by many* .

*विष्णुपुराणम् ( ...more
Mohan Chettoor <mohanc...@gmail.com>: Nov 28 11:20AM +0530

sIR,i GOT IT FROM GOOGLE SEARCH; IS IT USEFUL?mOHAN CHETTOOR

PANINI MAHABHASHYA

मत्यक्षपाती प्रथम माल्यवानप्यशप्यत । ...more
shankara <shanka...@yahoo.com>: Nov 28 06:23AM

Namaste,
This is based on the story of Gunadhya renouncing 3 languages - Sanskrit, Prakrit and Bhasha, described in Kathasaritsagara, first lambaka, 6th taranga. Story in brief is given below.

...more
Harry Spier <vasisht...@gmail.com>: Nov 28 01:46AM -0500

Thank you Shankara and Nagaraj,

I didn't put any more lines in, because it says nothing more about this at
that place in the chapter. But I've now found further on in the chapter, ...more
Harry Spier <vasisht...@gmail.com>: Nov 28 02:02AM -0500

Apologies,
I forgot to thank Mohan Chettoor. I think (but am not sure) that this
google reference and another google pdf reference I found, show that this
line from the Haracaritacintāmaṇi is ...more
Mohan Chettoor <mohanc...@gmail.com>: Nov 28 03:29PM +0530

Thanks, Mr. Spier. I have traced it in Page 4 of the Mahabhashya- I have
taken an image of the page and got it copied into an editable format: here
it is:

उक्त्वा ...more
Harry Spier <vasisht...@gmail.com>: Nov 28 08:12AM -0500

Thank you again Mohan. I'm curious ,do you use some OCR application to
copy the image of devanagari to text.
Harry Spier

On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 5:00 AM Mohan Chettoor ...more
Mohan Chettoor <mohanc...@gmail.com>: Nov 28 07:06PM +0530

Thank you very much, sir. It's not OCR, but a crude and most unconventional
method developed indigenously by me, out of dire necessity. Firstly, OCR
will not work for Sanskrit( as far as I know) and ...more
Harry Spier <vasisht...@gmail.com>: Nov 28 01:11PM -0500

As far as I can see from this link:
https://www.wilbourhall.org/pdfs/Mahabhashya_I.pdf
It appears that this line isn't in either the Mahabhasya or its
commentaries. What seems to have happened is ...more

Harry Spier

Nov 29, 2021, 8:53:58 AM11/29/21
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Thank you sir for this link!  I've just tried it on some text from a devanagari text from Chaukhamba Sanskrit Pratishthan.  It converted it to text perfectly and was smart enough to join words where there was a dash at the end of a line.

I couldn't see any credits on the webpage.  Does anyone know who is responsible for this website and the tools on it?
Harry Spier

Amba Kulkarni

Nov 29, 2021, 10:28:25 AM11/29/21
to samskrita
As far as I remember, this is developed by Martin Gluckman for https://sri.auroville.org/

-- Amba Kulkarni

--

आ नो भद्रा: क्रतवो यन्तु विश्वत: ll
Let noble thoughts come to us from every side.

Professor
Department of Sanskrit Studies
University of Hyderabad
Prof. C.R. Rao Road