Cannot build Sage 9.8 on Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Hyun Jong Kim

Jan 29, 2023, 5:07:52 PM1/29/23
to sage-support
Hello,

I've been trying to build Sage 9.8 from source for development; I had previously done so months ago, but I had not been able to do rebuild Sage since pulling from the GitHub repository around late December/early January. I've deleted the previous source/build directory that I had to try building from source all over again to no avail.

Attached is a copy of the logs subdirectory.

Thank you for your help,
Hyun Jong
logs.zip

Matthias Koeppe

Jan 30, 2023, 3:07:06 AM1/30/23
to sage-support
Disable Anaconda and read what "./configure" says at the end (these messages are for you)

Hyun Jong Kim

Feb 1, 2023, 9:49:14 AM2/1/23
to sage-support
Thank you, Matthias, I disabled Anaconda, re-ran the commands to install the build prerequisites (it seems that Anaconda got in the way of installing several of these), ran `./configure`, and ran `make distclean && make build`.  My computer has now successfully built Sage 9.8 Beta 7.