Problem in running SageMath application

Rahul Naik

Jan 14, 2022, 12:37:06 PM1/14/22
to sage-support
Guys, I have just installed SageMath for the first time. I am unable to run any command . i am not even able to save the document. Please Help

Thank You!

Justin C. Walker

Jan 14, 2022, 1:38:03 PM1/14/22
to SAGE Support

> On Jan 14, 2022, at 09:08 , Rahul Naik <rahuln...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Guys, I have just installed SageMath for the first time. I am unable to run any command . i am not even able to save the document. Please Help

We are here to help, but in order to do that, it would help us to know what is going wrong. You have not given us much to go on.

The following might help us:
- what version of sage?
- how did you install it (binary package from our website; similar from a package manager from your OS; compile from source)?
- what hardware and OS (including OS version)?
- how do you start sage (command line; notebook)?
- what commands did you try, and what were the results.

HTH

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
--------

Rahul Naik

Jan 15, 2022, 2:13:31 AM1/15/22
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Thank you the prompt response.

I have installed sagemeth version 9.3 through Gilbert Source on my windows 10.

The problem occurs when I open SageMath Notebook and try to run the program through code.

For example: 9+6 and run.. Its not showing any output, even the special symbols not getting any color.

Thank you

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 15, 2022, 4:05:10 AM1/15/22
to sage-support

On Sat, 15 Jan 2022, 07:13 Rahul Naik, <rahuln...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Thank you the prompt response.

I have installed sagemeth version 9.3 through Gilbert Source on my windows 10.

what is "Gilbert Source" ? It doesn't seem to be one of our official distribution channels.

slelievre

Jan 15, 2022, 4:52:52 AM1/15/22
to sage-support
2022-01-15 09:05:10 UTC, Dima Pasechnik:

> what is "Gilbert Source"?

I would bet some auto-respelling software thought
that was a nice way to reinterpret "GitHub releases"
to make the conversation interesting.  --Samuel

Emmanuel Charpentier

Jan 15, 2022, 6:53:21 AM1/15/22
to sage-support
"Hell is paved with good intentions"...

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 15, 2022, 6:53:48 AM1/15/22
to sage-support
if it's a source release then why not take the latest, 9.5.rc1, instead ?

cygwin is constantly being updated, it's not clear if 9.3 will run on the current one.

Anyway, I'd rather recommend WSL2, not Cygwin.

--Samuel

Rahul Naik

Jan 15, 2022, 6:57:55 AM1/15/22
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Sorry it Github release. I am attaching a file. I have downloaded it from there

Screenshot_20220115-172516_Chrome.jpg