is_rationally_isometric function

Артемий Соколов

Mar 15, 2021, 3:29:35 PM3/15/21
to sage-support
Dear members,

As it can be seen at github a function is_rationally_isometric in quadratic forms can provide a matrix of isometry, but in reference it can only return boolean.
And in sagemath itself "full" version of function is absent.

Is there a way to use this "full" function and move it out from dev mode?
I really need it :)

--
Best regards,
Sokolov Artemy

Dima Pasechnik

Mar 15, 2021, 3:58:40 PM3/15/21
to sage-support
it seems you need to call it with

return_matrix=True

to get what you need

Артемий Соколов

Mar 15, 2021, 4:56:08 PM3/15/21
to sage-support
If i understand correctly, this function is not in 9.2 main version, so i can't just call it.

I need to use this function in my code, which i want to publish in a math science paper. What is the correct way to use it?

понедельник, 15 марта 2021 г. в 22:58:40 UTC+3, dim...@gmail.com:

Dima Pasechnik

Mar 15, 2021, 8:13:33 PM3/15/21
to sage-support
On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 8:56 PM Артемий Соколов <sokol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If i understand correctly, this function is not in 9.2 main version, so i can't just call it.
>
> I need to use this function in my code, which i want to publish in a math science paper. What is the correct way to use it?

right, it will be in 9.3, which hopefully is ready in few weeks.

But you can use and refer to the latest beta (i.e. the develop branch
you link to), why not?