Final call for GitHub user names

Kwankyu Lee

Jan 18, 2023, 9:14:16 PM1/18/23
to sage-devel
Dear readers,

Attached unmapped_users.pdf is the list of usernames encountered in the preparation of the migration from Trac to GitHub, with no corresponding GitHub user name. We are planning to create mannequin GitHub ids (connected with no real GitHub user) for the usernames in the list.

Check the list and if you are the owner of the username or know the owner, then please inform us here about the owner (full name or Trac username) and, if known, his/her GitHub user name.

- username: possibly misspelled or non-human
- known on trac: True if username belongs to a valid Trac account; False otherwise
- mention:: True if username is mentioned in a ticket comment
- mention: False if username is found as reporter, owner, author, or in cc of a ticket
- mannequin: planned mannequin id
- frequency: number of appearance times in Trac

unmapped_users.pdf

John H Palmieri

Jan 18, 2023, 9:21:33 PM1/18/23
to sage-devel
"palmieri" and "palmiery" and "jpalmieri" appear (probably from mistakes with cc entries), and they should all be changed to match my correct trac name "jhpalmieri" (same as my github id).

AlexGhitza

Jan 18, 2023, 10:36:47 PM1/18/23
to sage-devel
Hi,

There seems to be a lone instance of "aghitza" that's orphaned.  The corresponding trac username is "AlexGhitza", and the github username is "aghitza".

Best,
Alex

Matthias Koeppe

Jan 19, 2023, 12:24:07 AM1/19/23
to sage-devel

John Cremona

Jan 19, 2023, 3:40:34 AM1/19/23
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
I think there are many trac names whose real names are known (I saw several) but either do not have github accounts or are no longer active in Sage development.   What should the policy be about those?  If someone made a trac account without registering their full name, I am not sure that it is right for a 3rd party to later supply that real name.

Kwankyu Lee

Jan 19, 2023, 6:12:32 AM1/19/23
to sage-devel
On Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 5:40:34 PM UTC+9 john.c...@gmail.com wrote:
What should the policy be about those?  If someone made a trac account without registering their full name, I am not sure that it is right for a 3rd party to later supply that real name.

For a username with known on Trac: True, inform us of his/her GitHub name if you know, regardless of activity in Sage development. It is up to the owner himself/herself to provide the real full name.

For a username with known on Trac: False, inform us of his/her Trac username and GitHub name if you know, regardless of activity in Sage development. It is up to the owner himself/herself to provide the real full name.

Emmanuel Briand

Jan 19, 2023, 8:36:21 AM1/19/23
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
My trac username is: ebriand
and my GitHub username is: EmmanuelJeanBriand

Emmanuel Briand

Justin C. Walker

Jan 19, 2023, 6:53:57 PM1/19/23
to SAGE Development
My trac name is ‘justin’, and my GitHub name is RalphieBoy. Not sure why :-}

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large
-----------

Kwankyu Lee

Jan 20, 2023, 12:49:15 AM1/20/23
to sage-devel
Thanks, Emmanuel and Justin.

Antoine Leudière

Jan 30, 2023, 8:04:26 AM1/30/23
to sage-devel
Hi,

I add opened Github Pull Request #357 (https://github.com/sagemath/website/pull/357) to add my contributor info. However, my Github account `antoine-leudiere` was deleted because Github terms prevent from having two accounts (typically a personal account and a professional account like I entended to). Therefore, I need replace Github username `antoine-leudiere` with `Kryzar`. Could you help me with that (or tell me if I can just do a new pull request or comment #357)?

Apologies for the extra work.
Best,
Antoine Leudière

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 30, 2023, 8:35:05 AM1/30/23
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
As far as I can see, you provide in the PR kryzar as the github
account name, and that's the way you'd like it, right?

Kwankyu Lee

Jan 30, 2023, 8:54:58 AM1/30/23
to sage-devel
The PR

takes care of you, for the migration. Later you also need to update your contributor info in the sage website.

Antoine Leudière

Jan 30, 2023, 11:44:23 AM1/30/23
to sage-devel
You are right, I am mistaken. I meant commit f960fa9cb547f4a0d4f4128ff1db16d415bb93bd, which replaced `kryzar` to `antoine-leudiere` (https://github.com/sagemath/website/commit/f960fa9cb547f4a0d4f4128ff1db16d415bb93bd).

(I was not aware at the time that one could not have two Github accounts.)

A.

Antoine Leudière

Jan 30, 2023, 11:45:18 AM1/30/23
to sage-devel
Thank you very much Kanwkyu. Should I make a PR to modify this file?

A.

Matthias Koeppe

Jan 30, 2023, 12:04:37 PM1/30/23
to sage-devel
Yes, that's the procedure.

Antoine Leudière

Jan 30, 2023, 12:52:14 PM1/30/23
to sage-devel
Thank you very much for your help. I will proceed with the PR.

Best,
Antoine