patchbots meet segmentation fault

Frédéric Chapoton

Nov 22, 2020, 3:33:05 AM11/22/20
to sage-devel
Dear all, help is required to fix the following issue.

At least two patchbots, one Linux and one MacOs, meet a failure related to pexpect interface for singular, namely:

sage -t --long --random-seed=0 src/sage/interfaces/singular.py  # Killed due to segmentation fault

The tested file also fails when run alone, but the copy-pasted test works fine.

Frédéric

PS : for full logs, see

Dima Pasechnik

Nov 22, 2020, 3:58:29 AM11/22/20
to sage-devel
the test (I saw this test failing before) in question is some kind of hack:

sage: try:
alarm(0.5)
singular._expect_expr('>') # interrupt this
except KeyboardInterrupt:
pass ## line 505 ##
Control-C pressed. Interrupting Singular. Please wait a few seconds...
sage: 2*a ## line 514 ##

Frédéric Chapoton

Nov 22, 2020, 5:11:58 AM11/22/20
to sage-devel
Thanks. I agree. So what to do ? Remove the doctest ? Change the alarm(0.5) ? One should probably open a ticket..

Dima Pasechnik

Nov 22, 2020, 5:43:26 AM11/22/20
to sage-devel
On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 10:12 AM Frédéric Chapoton <fchap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. I agree. So what to do ? Remove the doctest ? Change the alarm(0.5) ?
if you can reproduce this locally, perhaps you can try increasing 0.5
and see if it makes a difference.

> One should probably open a ticket..
right.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/6d949ff6-3fac-4436-be17-9e466f19424bn%40googlegroups.com.