nt.sagenb.org and sagenb.org

William Stein

Mar 9, 2020, 1:06:38 PM3/9/20
to sage-nt, sage-devel
Hi,

Somebody asked me about a link to a public notebook on the long-gone server "nt.sagenb.org" at

so I tracked down the files for nt.sagenb.org.  If anybody is interested in converting the 175 published files
from nt.sagenb.org to sage worksheets (or Jupyter notebooks) and publishing them somewhere
(e.g., on share.cocalc.com and github.com), let me know and I'll give you access.

I also still own the domain name sagenb.org, so if somebody wanted to put in some effort they could even
make all the old sagenb.org links do something sensible.

Anyway, volunteer(s) welcome, since I don't have the bandwidth to do this all myself, but I do know where
all the data is...

 -- William

Thierry

Mar 9, 2020, 1:46:05 PM3/9/20
to sage-...@googlegroups.com, sage-nt
Hi,

we should do something with those file, since there are very good ideas
in there.

How large is the whole nt.sagenb.org + sagenb.org data ?

Ciao,
Thierry

kcrisman

Mar 10, 2020, 3:17:16 PM3/10/20
to sage-devel

On Monday, March 9, 2020 at 1:46:05 PM UTC-4, Thierry (sage-googlesucks@xxx) wrote:
Hi,

we should do something with those file, since there are very good ideas
in there.

How large is the whole nt.sagenb.org + sagenb.org data ?

Ciao,

I know that the public sagenb.org worksheets live in a Cocalc project that has occasionally been edited by a number of people; William can undoubtedly give you access.

help

Mar 10, 2020, 7:49:09 PM3/10/20
to sage-devel

On Monday, March 9, 2020 at 10:46:05 AM UTC-7, Thierry (sage-googlesucks@xxx) wrote:
Hi,

we should do something with those file, since there are very good ideas
in there.

How large is the whole nt.sagenb.org + sagenb.org data ?

There are 175 nt.sagenb.org published worksheets and there are about 5000 sagenb.org published worksheets.   With images removed, the total size is just a few MB.

I would love to have you take another look at this stuff.  Email me wst...@gmail.com with the email address you want to use and I'll add you to the cocalc project with all the data.

William

Ciao,
Thierry

On Mon, Mar 09, 2020 at 10:05:49AM -0700, William Stein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Somebody asked me about a link to a public notebook on the long-gone server
> "nt.sagenb.org" at
>
> https://mathoverflow.net/questions/54255/upper-bounds-for-ranks-of-modular-jacobians
>

> so I tracked down the files for nt.sagenb.org.  If anybody is interested in
> converting the 175 published files
> from nt.sagenb.org to sage worksheets (or Jupyter notebooks) and publishing
> them somewhere
> (e.g., on share.cocalc.com and github.com), let me know and I'll give you
> access.
>
> I also still own the domain name sagenb.org, so if somebody wanted to put
> in some effort they could even
> make all the old sagenb.org links do something sensible.
>
> Anyway, volunteer(s) welcome, since I don't have the bandwidth to do this
> all myself, but I do know where
> all the data is...
>
>  -- William
>
> --
> William (http://wstein.org)

Thierry

Mar 25, 2020, 6:11:57 PM3/25/20
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

what i can do is first to keep a backup of those files.

For information: the math laboratory of Orsay (Paris 11) is offering a
VM with 1TB of disk space dedicated to Sage backup. I am not member of
that university, but i have admin permissions on that box. Currently,
there is a daily backup of ask.sagemath.org and a fixed backup of the
former files.sagemath.org

We could set up other backups (trac, wiki, etc), but we need an ssh
acces for that.

Ciao,
Thierry