Grepping Trac

Timo Kaufmann

Aug 2, 2019, 2:39:47 PM8/2/19
to sage-devel
Hi!

As part of my packaging workflow, I find myself pasting error messages into the trac search pretty frequently to discover if something is a known issue or due to packaging complications. Trac search isn't very helpful here though, since it will try to split words and look for them individually. All I want is a literal search. A regex search would be even better.

Is something like that possible? Can one maybe export all trac tickets in some plain text format?

Timo

Nils Bruin

Aug 2, 2019, 4:36:36 PM8/2/19
to sage-devel
On Friday, August 2, 2019 at 11:39:47 AM UTC-7, Timo Kaufmann wrote:
Hi!

As part of my packaging workflow, I find myself pasting error messages into the trac search pretty frequently to discover if something is a known issue or due to packaging complications. Trac search isn't very helpful here though, since it will try to split words and look for them individually. All I want is a literal search. A regex search would be even better.

I find that google with "site:trac.sagemath.org" is fairly good at finding relevant tickets.

John H Palmieri

Aug 2, 2019, 5:33:21 PM8/2/19
to sage-devel
Searching the Google group sage-trac is also pretty good.