Citing source of the sage-coding-theory project

Aug 13, 2019, 11:43:33 AM8/13/19
to sage-codi...@googlegroups.com, J, Sekretariat
Hi,

First:
I am writing about the `goppa.py` implementation in sage,
and wanted to ask here publicly, instead of writing to all authors,
how you/your project would like to be cited as per http://www.sagemath.org/library-publications.html#CiteSage

I could just cite ´sage` overall, or the coding theory, or I could do a
git blame on all files I talk about; are there any preferences here?

Second:
If any of ypu already wrote a paper or thesis about the sage coding
theory branch, I would be thankful for a pointer.

Third:
If anyone could explain to me, why / if the one generator polynomial
used to create the code is sufficient to span any goppa code,
I would be really thankful, as I don't see it yet.

Greets

David Joyner

Aug 14, 2019, 2:40:02 PM8/14/19
to sage-coding-theory, J, Sekretariat
Is this simply due to the fact that F[x] is a PID?

Greets

Aug 14, 2019, 3:31:14 PM8/14/19
On 19-08-14 14:39:48, David Joyner wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 11:43 AM J <
> mailinglists-sa...@927589452.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > First:
> > I am writing about the `goppa.py` implementation in sage,
> > and wanted to ask here publicly, instead of writing to all authors,
> > how you/your project would like to be cited as per
> > http://www.sagemath.org/library-publications.html#CiteSage
> >
> > I could just cite ´sage` overall, or the coding theory, or I could do a
> > git blame on all files I talk about; are there any preferences here?
> >
> > Second:
> > If any of ypu already wrote a paper or thesis about the sage coding
> > theory branch, I would be thankful for a pointer.
> >
> > Third:
> > If anyone could explain to me, why / if the one generator polynomial
> > used to create the code is sufficient to span any goppa code,
> > I would be really thankful, as I don't see it yet.
> >

> Is this simply due to the fact that F[x] is a PID?

I am not really sure, if we are operating on a PID here,
as we are operating with the following presumtions(taken from
Walker: Codes and Curves 1999)
- C smooth projective curve on F_q
- Divisor D on C
- S points, disjunct to the "base" of D

L(D) = {f function on C, only poles in D)

Dima Pasechnik

Aug 14, 2019, 3:48:41 PM8/14/19
to sage-codi...@googlegroups.com, mailinglists-sa...@927589452.de, Sekretariat
Goppa code Sage implementation is thanks to two Google Summer of Code projects, mostly the one from last year done by Filip Ion, and the one still running, by Marketa Slukova.

Dima Pasechnik

Aug 14, 2019, 3:56:15 PM8/14/19
to sage-codi...@googlegroups.com, mailinglists-sa...@927589452.de, Sekretariat
so one can cite the respective trac tickets and

Markéta Sluková

Aug 18, 2019, 10:12:59 AM8/18/19
to sage-coding-theory
Hi,

I am currently working on the coding theory module as part of Google Summer of Code. I am also including some of my work in my Master's thesis. I would be happy to share it once its done.

Aug 18, 2019, 12:40:09 PM8/18/19
to sage-codi...@googlegroups.com, J
I would love to read it; out of curiosity: Is it more from a mathmatical or a programming
view?

Markéta Sluková

Aug 27, 2019, 10:50:25 AM8/27/19
to sage-coding-theory
I am covering rank metric codes and Gabidulin codes from both points of view, since my degree is in mathematics, but I also implemented them in Sage. The main focus of my thesis is on the McEliece cryptosystem. I am also talking about the coding module in Sage, since I did a bit of restructuring there.