navigation in copy of student project

valer...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2017, 9:15:34 PM3/15/17
to sage-cloud
This is a minor issue, but it does make things a bit harder: when I collect a student assignment by clicking on the Collect button and then click on the Open button next to it to open the copy of the assignment, I see the list of files inside the assignment folder, as expected. But if I open one of those files to look at it, and then I close it again, I am not taken back to the folder containing the file. I am instead taken back to the page listing the assignments with the Collect and Open buttons, and if I want to look at a second file I have to click on the Open button again. Maybe this is intentional, but it would work better for me if I was taken back to the list of files so that I can look at several of them without having to re-open the folder every time.

William Stein

Mar 15, 2017, 9:22:52 PM3/15/17
to sage-cloud
On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 6:15 PM, <valer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a minor issue, but it does make things a bit harder: when I collect
> a student assignment by clicking on the Collect button and then click on the
> Open button next to it to open the copy of the assignment, I see the list of
> files inside the assignment folder, as expected. But if I open one of those
> files to look at it, and then I close it again, I am not taken back to the
> folder containing the file.
> I am instead taken back to the page listing the
> assignments with the Collect and Open buttons, and if I want to look at a
> second file I have to click on the Open button again.

Have you tried command (or control) clicking on all the files you want
to open? They will then all open in background tabs.

> Maybe this is intentional,

It is indeed intentional.

> but it would work better for me if I was taken back to the list
> of files so that I can look at several of them without having to re-open the
> folder every time.

I do see your point...

--

Best Regards,
William Stein

CEO, SageMath, Inc.

Aaron Tresham

Mar 16, 2017, 1:43:00 PM3/16/17
to sage-cloud
If you click on the "Files" button before closing the first student file, I believe it will show you the folder of student files. You can then open a second file (and close the first if you want).

Aaron

valer...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2017, 5:29:37 AM3/20/17
to sage-cloud
Thanks for the suggestions, they both work.
With some more experimenting, I also found that when the student's file is still open, if I simply close the "course" tab before closing the student's file, then I will be taken back to the folder containing all the student's files when I close the student's file. And of course there is always the browser's "back" button as a last resort....