SMC and the apps

kcrisman

Apr 9, 2018, 9:00:00 PM4/9/18
to sage-cell
Just curious whether anyone has tested the iOS and/or Android apps with the SMC rewrite.  My recollection is that the iOS one works and the Android one doesn't, and that SMC changes in the past may or may not have been a factor.  But figured this was a good time to ask - Tom's email made me think of it.

William Stein

Apr 9, 2018, 9:39:26 PM4/9/18
to kcrisman, sage-cell
By SMC doe you mean sage cell server?

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 6:00 PM kcrisman <kcri...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just curious whether anyone has tested the iOS and/or Android apps with the SMC rewrite.  My recollection is that the iOS one works and the Android one doesn't, and that SMC changes in the past may or may not have been a factor.  But figured this was a good time to ask - Tom's email made me think of it.

-- William Stein

Karl-Dieter Crisman

Apr 9, 2018, 11:11:09 PM4/9/18
to William Stein, sage-cell

By SMC doe you mean sage cell server?

Aargh, of course that is what I meant but SageMathCell and SageMathCloud have the same acronym to my dismay.  Sorry for any confusion.  I will use CC to refer to CoCalc, especially when it might be confused with Creative Commons :P oh well.

Which is perplexing (SKKU still has several linear algebra apps showing up).  Note that Ivan updated the iOS app less than a year ago, https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sage-math/id496492945?mt=8

Andrey Novoseltsev

Apr 10, 2018, 12:01:50 AM4/10/18
to sage-cell
On Monday, 9 April 2018 19:00:00 UTC-6, kcrisman wrote:
Just curious whether anyone has tested the iOS and/or Android apps with the SMC rewrite.  My recollection is that the iOS one works and the Android one doesn't, and that SMC changes in the past may or may not have been a factor.  But figured this was a good time to ask - Tom's email made me think of it.

I have never used them and my impression is that at least Android app was broken for a long time and nobody was responsible for it. In which case, as I have already started before, it should removed and officially abandoned (perhaps that's what has happened).