Sage Cells and PreTeXt

Thomas Judson

Apr 9, 2018, 10:56:10 AM4/9/18
to sage...@googlegroups.com, Rob Beezer, David Farmer
I am having problems with Sage cells in my ODE book. Everything worked well until about a month or two ago, when I updated Safari. Now Sage cells no longer appear in Safari when I load a local file. The solution was to change to Google Chrome. Things worked in Chrome for a while. Now Sage cells will appear in Chrome but not execute. Firefox can’t even find the CSS for PreTeXt.

If I upload the HTML version to the web, the Sage cells display properly in both Safari and Chrome (Firefox is still worthless). I always text the Sage cell code in Sage or CoCalc before putting it into the PreTeXt document; however, it would be very nice to be able to copy edit and debug before sending something out to the entire world. Ideas?

Tom

=========
Thomas W. Judson, Associate Professor
Stephen F. Austin State University
P.O. Box 13040-3040 SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962

OFFICE: 316 Math
TEL: (936) 468-1704
EMAIL: juds...@sfasu.edu

Andrey Novoseltsev

Apr 9, 2018, 12:14:20 PM4/9/18
to sage-cell
I've deployed a big rewrite of SageMathCell a few weeks ago which may or may not be related. Can you provide a concrete example of what you are working with so I can reproduce the issue and try to debug it? I don't have access to Safari, but both Chrome and Firefox should work.

Thomas Judson

Apr 10, 2018, 12:24:29 PM4/10/18
to sage-cell
Google list serve will not allow me to send an archived file.  I am using my other account to send it to you directly.

Tom

Robert Beezer

Apr 10, 2018, 8:25:07 PM4/10/18
to sage-cell
Dear Tom,

Have you tried running a local server via Python, as described here:

http://mathbook.pugetsound.edu/doc/author-guide/html/processing-testing-html.html

Rob

Andrey Novoseltsev

Apr 10, 2018, 11:40:59 PM4/10/18
to sage-cell
Got it, thank you!

On Debian Stretch it works for me in Firefox, but not in Chromium with an error in console "DOMException: Failed to read the 'localStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document." My guess is that security policies in browsers have changed once again. I'll try figure out a fix, but you should check Rob's suggestion meanwhile.