Looking for plants

Scott Weintraub

Feb 22, 2019, 6:20:44 PM2/22/19
to Sacramento Aquarium Society
I’m looking for a variety of low/mid light starter plants to see what will work with my 125 gallon setup. I’m willing to pay, and can pick up in the Davis/Sacramento area.

Thanks.

Tony Griffitts

Feb 22, 2019, 6:40:52 PM2/22/19
to Sacramento Aquarium Society
Post a pic of your tank.  If it is a standard 125 it should only cost about $75 to add 3 50w LED flood lights that will grow any aquatic plants very well.

Scott Weintraub

Feb 22, 2019, 6:47:29 PM2/22/19
to Sacramento Aquarium Society
I have decent shop lights and could add more, but I’m not dosing ferts or adding CO2 yet. I’m trying to ramp up slowly and want to see how various plants grow in my old substrate. I’m hoping that someone will share a variety of cuttings and grasses from a tank pruning and I can plug them in and see how they do.

-Scott

Tony Griffitts