How to create Availability.

Ittipan Baisukan

Jun 13, 2016, 4:53:19 AM6/13/16
to SabreDAV Discussion

Hi,

I'm upgrade Sabre/DAV to 3.1.3 because I need to use Availability  for config every principal users.

After I upgrade my calendar server I checked calendar support and it shown calendar-availability in the support list.

For now I can create, update, delete an event I can query to Caldav server for get target events result and asking for Free-Busy time.

After that I've no idea how to create Availability to make them work on.

My question is ?

1. Availability it's look like to create an event object I mean it have a name with extension .ics. it's correct?

1.1. If not, Where I put it to work such as /principals/user/ or /calendars/user/ or .

2. It work with any Calendar client such as Apple Calendar ?
3. How to update and delete availability object.

I try to create same the way I've created an event like this.

It's success to create and I realized it's a normal an event object.

Thank @Evert for amazing job :)
Thank every one who will answering.

I use
sabre/event (3.0.0)

sabre/http (4.2.1)

sabre/xml (1.4.2)

sabre/vobject (4.1.0)

sabre/dav (3.1.4)

My server config check it below.

Evert Pot

Jun 14, 2016, 1:27:39 PM6/14/16
to sabredav...@googlegroups.com
On 2016-06-13 04:53 AM, Ittipan Baisukan wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm upgrade Sabre/DAV to 3.1.3 because I need to use Availability
> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daboo-calendar-availability-05> for
> config every principal users.
>
> After I upgrade my calendar server I checked calendar support and it
> shown *calendar-availability *in the support list.
>

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aAuyrG1PZak/V15qdIm01YI/AAAAAAAAGxA/7WLe49Nfohc6WxdCS2IXAlaePTXrPu9CgCLcB/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2559-06-13%2Bat%2B3.04.42%2BPM.png>
>

> For now I can create, update, delete an event I can query to Caldav
> server for get target events result and asking for Free-Busy time.
>
> After that I've no idea how to create Availability to make them work on.
>
> My question is ?
>
> 1. Availability it's look like to create an event object I mean it have
> a name with extension .ics. it's correct?
>

> 1.1. If not, Where I put it to work such as /principals/user/ or
> /calendars/user/ or .

It's a VCALENDAR, but not an event. It's also not stored as a regular
file like that (sadly). Instead, you need to update a WebDAV property
with PROPPATCH.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daboo-calendar-availability-05#section-6.2.3

> 2. It work with any Calendar client such as Apple Calendar ?

It does

> 3. How to update and delete availability object.

Answered above. Both updating and deleting is done with PROPPATCH.

Evert

Ittipan Baisukan

Jun 14, 2016, 11:45:07 PM6/14/16
to SabreDAV Discussion, m...@evertpot.com
Thank you for your answer.

I will try to use PROPATCH to working on availability.

I've another question.

I'm try to use Apple calendar connect with my calendar's server. It's shown availability in [calendar info] -> [calendar setting] and I try to set availability time from here.
I back to look in sabredav database in relation name "propertystorage" in there it have a record about availability  and I understand it's availability time are ready to working.

I back to terminal and try to query for Free-busy via cURL but result not correct it shown busy only the normal event for the search period that I'm ask server I expected it will show busy event and include any day that I set in availability time.

My question is ?

1. How I get busy time from calendar's server still to use Free-Busy query or other way?
2. Availability time must have single one ? cant' keep the old one it's correct.

** My goal is I need person in our system can specify they available time. I not sure this one is a correct solution or i miss something.

Ittipan

เมื่อ วันพุธที่ 15 มิถุนายน ค.ศ. 2016 0 นาฬิกา 27 นาที 39 วินาที UTC+7, Evert Pot เขียนว่า:

Christian Hansen

Oct 13, 2016, 7:03:31 AM10/13/16
to SabreDAV Discussion, m...@evertpot.com
To get availability to work you should use the PROPPATCH on your inbox collection (calendars/principal/inbox), and not any of your other calendar collections. After that the freebusy will calculate with availability times if you do a freebusy POST request with an iTIP body on your outbox (calendars/principal/outbox).