baikal with debian sketch

John K

Feb 6, 2017, 8:42:49 AM2/6/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
Hi there,
is there a way to use baikal actually under debian sketch?
I use mariadb instead of mysql. I can't install php5:

# apt-get install php5
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package php5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'php5' has no installation candidate

Thanks for any help.

mbiebl

Feb 6, 2017, 10:58:10 AM2/6/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 2:42:49 PM UTC+1, John K wrote:
Hi there,
is there a way to use baikal actually under debian sketch?

I assume you mean Debian Stretch

I use mariadb instead of mysql. I can't install php5:

# apt-get install php5
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package php5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'php5' has no installation candidate

This is expected. Debian Stretch only ships php7
In case you are using apache2, you probably want
libapache2-mod-php

knustj...@googlemail.com

Feb 6, 2017, 12:35:04 PM2/6/17
to sabredav...@googlegroups.com
hello,

thanks for the clear answer! :-)
Is there a nginx package too?

thx a lot!
& yes it's debian stretch! ;-)

mbiebl

Feb 6, 2017, 8:21:28 PM2/6/17
to SabreDAV Discussion
On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 6:35:04 PM UTC+1, John K wrote:
hello,

thanks for the clear answer! :-)
Is there a nginx package too?

There certainly is:

But I guess you actually want to know how to get php working with nginx?
As google will tell you, the easiest way is fpm. And again, there's a Debian package:

John K

Feb 7, 2017, 3:58:44 PM2/7/17
to sabredav...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Even when my linux skills aren’t the best I want to share the information you maybe need to.
My linux Debian stretch server is now running with the actual baikal version: 0.4.6.

I use nginx so like you said I need:
apt-get install php7.0-fpm

Don’t forget to change the fastcgi_pass variable in your nginx vhost:
unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock;

When you check the web login and you get something like:
php-fatal-error-class-domdocument … -> this one helped me out:
apt-get install php-xml

Related to this issue you maybe want to install this too
apt-get install php-mbstring php7.0-mbstring php-gettext

& yes there is still the macOS problem that just one address book is supported.

Last but not least in macOS and iOS you can go ahead and use the same url for calendar and contacts.
(In macOS choose manual (not automatic or advanced))

Thanks for your help!
Cheers John