SabreDav as a (pseudo) proxy of other instante of SabreDav

Claudio Ferreira

Oct 17, 2016, 2:58:07 PM10/17/16
to SabreDAV Discussion
Hi

I have a instance of Tiny 2.0, running SabreDav 1.8.0 embedded in it. Unhappily I can't update this software piece and I want shutdown it, changing my webmail by RoundCube with calendar plugin. To this, I need first get all calendars from Tiny, so I think if is possible to do a "proxy" dav server, where I can connect with my caldav client in this new SabreDav instance and it get my data from old calendar server.

And, if I add a new event, it can push this event to old server. When all people are using the new server, I can shutdown the old. Is possible?

Regards,
Claudio Ferreira

Evert Pot

Oct 18, 2016, 8:34:08 PM10/18/16
to SabreDAV Discussion
This is not really a standard feature, but it would be possible to write a proxy like this with a decent amount of effort. It isn't easy.

I would recommend simply doing a mass migration instead of this proxy approach. This tool might be able to help you:

https://github.com/pimutils/vdirsyncer

Evert