SabrDAV with Apache Reverse-proxy

René Glauser

Sep 13, 2016, 1:46:06 PM9/13/16
to SabreDAV Discussion
Does anyone have a working configuration for apache reverse-proxy in front of SabrDAV WebDav-Server?

Thanks
René

Evert Pot

Sep 19, 2016, 9:52:36 PM9/19/16
to sabredav...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rene,

While I don't have any working configuration, I do have a strong
recommendation: Don't rewrite urls.

Reverse proxies will work totally fine if you proxy from:

http://public.example.org/foo/bar

http://interal.example.org/foo/bar

But as soon as you start messing with the "/foo/bar" part and tack
on/remove a prefix, things break.

This should be of no surprise, because reverse proxies can only
translate the actual URL of the request clients are doing, but they
typically don't rewrite XML bodies and HTTP headers to update relative uris.

Evert