Miter Saw Work Bench- Help this saturday

tookys3

Aug 10, 2017, 11:12:44 PM8/10/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Devin DuMont
Looking for a couple people to help assemble a work bench for the miter saw we have.

I plan to follow the tutorial and design provided here. -> http://blog.homedepot.com/diy-miter-saw-bench/

I plan to get most of the materials, but would like to borrow a kreg drill guide if somebody has one.

I also need a couple people to help get it all set up.

Let me know I plan to do the home depot run at 11, and to start on it at noon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone

Kevin Baldor

Aug 10, 2017, 11:39:27 PM8/10/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of tookys3
Looks great to me. I'm in if I'm not too jet-lagged to help. We could probably get more stability with proper joinery, but not as quickly. Also, this isn't exactly a normal workbench so it shouldn't have to deal with too much shearing force.

Sent from my iPhone

Mikel Duke

xMRG

Aug 10, 2017, 11:48:55 PM8/10/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of tookys3

I have a Kreg drill guide and an associated clamp. I will bring with me Saturday morning. I should have some Kreg screws too. I don’t recall what is special about them. I’ll be at the space Saturday morning. Ken says we are gonna flip the door.

Ray Good

xMRG

Aug 10, 2017, 11:54:11 PM8/10/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Mikel Duke

You beat me to it Mikel. Anyhow, I’ll still bring mine. I never used the guide I bought. Maybe you have some pointers.

Ray Good

Mikel Duke

Aug 11, 2017, 12:12:52 AM8/11/17
to 10BitWorks on behalf of Ken Runner
Its easy to use, you just want to clamp everything well when putting in the screws.  I have some plugs too, those work well when stained or painted.

I also have a small trim router which is good for trimming up the edges of big things after it's put together.

On Aug 10, 2017 10:54 PM, "10BitWorks on behalf of Ray Good" <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

You beat me to it Mikel. Anyhow, I’ll still bring mine. I never used the guide I bought. Maybe you have some pointers.

Ray Good

john vanhoozer

Aug 11, 2017, 11:13:59 AM8/11/17
to 10BitWorks
I will be there early, like 10 am.

A Kreg would make this much easier (and it is "proper joinery" these days).

john vanhoozer

Aug 11, 2017, 11:20:03 AM8/11/17
to 10BitWorks