How S2Geometry Normalize Rectangle span 180 meridian?

Chao Feng

Aug 27, 2019, 10:00:03 PM8/27/19
to s2geometry-io
Hello S2Geometry team,

Does S2Geometry have solution to Normalize Rectangle span 180 meridian?

For other GIS spatial library, Normalize method divide the rectangle into 2 sub-rectangles by the meridian,could you advice what method I can use to solve 180 meridian  latitude issue?

Thank you in advance,

-Charles

Jesse Rosenstock

Aug 28, 2019, 3:47:35 AM8/28/19
to Chao Feng, s2geometry-io

Charles Feng

Aug 28, 2019, 5:12:39 PM8/28/19
to s2geometry-io
Reviewed test case  written in C++, observed  the method MakePointOrDie  is not implemented  in C# version, compared s2LatLngRect.Contains & S2Polygon.Contains , they work differently, I used same vertices to build a s2Polygon object and s2LatLngRect object,

Execute Contains method against same point object, S2polygon.contains return true, but s2LatLngRect.Contains return false,
can you kindly  advise  whether it works as expected or these two types designed for different purpose?