Does s2e.so modify the part or whole glibc?

瀏覽次數:15 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

sandwich125

未讀,
2020年11月27日 凌晨4:48:322020/11/27
收件者:s2e...@googlegroups.com
Hi
   In use s2e,I find some intersting problem. as following:
  some command(as paste), when I run it on GuestOS in no-s2e environment, it report segment error. but when I run it in s2e environment, It doest not report error!
  so I guess in s2e environment, it dynamic link s2e.so not dynamic link glibc, may I understand it correctly? if yes  How could I manually specify it link glibc at first?

Vitaly Chipounov

未讀,
2020年11月28日 下午4:17:202020/11/28
收件者:s2e...@googlegroups.com、sandwich125

Hi,

You cannot run s2e.so outside of S2E because this library uses custom x86 instructions to communicate with various plugins. Running it outside of S2E would produce an illegal instruction exception. It's not related to libc, s2e.so uses normal system libraries. Sometimes it's indeed convenient to run s2e.so outside of S2E, e.g., in order to debug something. In that case, I usually comment out calls to s2e.h functions, but something better would be welcome.

Vitaly

sandwich125

未讀,
2020年11月30日 凌晨2:08:052020/11/30
收件者:s2e...@googlegroups.com
HI vitaly
   1、  I use s2e to test the command of paste,  Why appear the following  phenomenons:
         (1) in  GuestOS, I manually input the aommand "$ ./paste -d\\ abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz",  it report ".... stack Abort" error, as following;

      (2)But when I use the initialization parameters "-d\\  abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" to paste command to do symbolic exection in s2e.  the result display in state0(input parameter is "-d\\"  "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz")  s2e does not appear "stack abort" (because it does not print the infornmation of current stack).  why? I think in state0 s2e should appear crash,

2、What is the relation between s2e.so and glibc.so
     I think in the running environment of s2e, the dynamic library linking process of the program running process is as "Fig1" , Does it correctly?

sandwich125

未讀,
2020年11月30日 凌晨4:05:032020/11/30
收件者:s2e...@googlegroups.com

Vitaly Chipounov

未讀,
2020年12月2日 清晨6:17:082020/12/2
收件者:s2e...@googlegroups.com、sandwich125

Hi,

1. I don't know what's causing the abort. Did you try to debug it with gdb?

2. s2e.so uses glibc like a normal program, not sure what the problem is.

Vitaly

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄