ID help please

jim hostick

Aug 26, 2021, 8:19:41 PM8/26/21
to Rogue Valley Birds
unkown bird.JPG

This was taken near Avenue G pond today.  Sorry my lens doesn't have much reach so you will have to zoom the photo.  I'm photography challenged and I couldn't figure out how to zoom and save the picture.  Crown and back similar to a Savannah Sparrow.  Any ideas?
Jim

Karl Schneck

Aug 26, 2021, 11:11:54 PM8/26/21
to Rogue Valley Birds
I opened your picture in Photoshop, enlarged it (with the new Super Zoom neural filter), and enhanced the sharpness the best I could. I don't know what the bird is but hopefully, someone will be able to give it an ID from this larger image.

Karl Schneck

Aug 26, 2021, 11:12:41 PM8/26/21
to Rogue Valley Birds
unkown bird_ps.jpg

Russ Namitz

Aug 26, 2021, 11:21:57 PM8/26/21
to Karl Schneck, Rogue Valley Birds
I think that it most resembles a young Lazuli Bunting though I would say with 100% confidence from the photo.

Cheers,
Russ Namitz