Orchestrator Plugin Development: how to determine if a node already have a running job?

Rophy Tsai

Dec 8, 2015, 4:07:00 AM12/8/15
to rundeck-discuss
Hi,

I'd like to develop a orchestrator plugin, which is similar to "Random Subsets", but selects only idle nodes.

My question is on the definition of "idle nodes": how do I determine if a node does not have any job being executed on them?

Alex Honor

Dec 8, 2015, 12:38:27 PM12/8/15
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rophy,

The web API would let you find out. You'd have to list the currently running executions (http://rundeck.org/docs/api/index.html#listing-running-executions) and for each one get the state info about them (http://rundeck.org/docs/api/index.html#execution-state).

Thanks

Alex Honor

[SimplifyOps, Inc | a...@simplifyops.com ]

Be sure to comment and vote on Rundeck Feature Development!