controller action not found although it's in the controller

fugee ohu

Aug 5, 2017, 1:53:08 AM8/5/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I have a user_press_releases_controller.rb It's actually located under /app/controllers/users/press_releases_controller.rb
In the controller I have actions new, create, new_recording and create_recording In routes.rb new_recording is GET and create_recording is POST
When I click on the get link to create a new recording action controller responds saying:

The action 'new_recording' could not be found for UserPressReleasesController

  <%= link_to 'New recording/album press release', new_user_recording_path(artist_id: @artist.id) %>

  get 'artists/:artist_id/new_recording_press_release' => 'user_press_releases#new_recording', as: 'new_user_recording'

  post 'artists/:artist_id/new_recording_press_release' => 'user_press_releases#create_recording', as: 'create_user_recording'

  def new_recording
    @press_release = PressRelease.new
  end

  def create_recording
    @press_release.publicist= "@press_release.user.first_name @press_release.user.last_name"
    @press_release = PressRelease.new(press_release_params)
    respond_to do |format|
      if @press_release.save
        format.html { redirect_to user_press_releases_path, notice: 'Press release was successfully created.' }
        format.json { render :show, status: :created, location: @press_release }
      else
        format.html { render :new_recording }
        format.json { render json: @press_release.errors, status: :unprocessable_entity }
      end
    end
  end

Colin Law

Aug 5, 2017, 4:27:40 AM8/5/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
On 5 August 2017 at 06:53, fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a user_press_releases_controller.rb It's actually located under
> /app/controllers/users/press_releases_controller.rb
> In the controller I have actions new, create, new_recording and
> create_recording In routes.rb new_recording is GET and create_recording is
> POST
> When I click on the get link to create a new recording action controller
> responds saying:
>
> The action 'new_recording' could not be found for
> UserPressReleasesController

Show us the first few lines of press_releases_controller.rb as far as
the first method declaration.

Colin

fugee ohu

Aug 5, 2017, 7:05:43 AM8/5/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

 class UserPressReleasesController < ApplicationController
  before_action :set_press_release, only: [:show, :edit, :update, :destroy]
  before_action :authenticate_user!, only: [:new, :create, :edit, :update, :new_recording, :create_recording]
  before_action :authenticate_admin!, only:[:destroy]

fugee ohu

Aug 5, 2017, 9:54:33 AM8/5/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

On Saturday, August 5, 2017 at 4:27:40 AM UTC-4, Colin Law wrote:

can we delete the thread please, delete yours i'll delete mine

Colin Law

Aug 5, 2017, 12:36:05 PM8/5/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
On 5 August 2017 at 14:54, fugee ohu <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> can we delete the thread please, delete yours i'll delete mine

No, this is a mailing list not a forum. Your posts have been emailed
to thousands(?) of machines across the world, it is not possible to
delete them.

If you found the solution you should post it so that others can learn

Colin