Wix Style Web Page Builder Gem

David Williams

Aug 30, 2014, 7:00:43 PM8/30/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I'm having trouble completing a large project, because I'm missing a
feature that is necessary to finish building it. Does anyone know of a
website builder gem that has drag-drop, view projectors like Wix does
for example? If you don't know of a gem like this one. Is there a method
or approach that I can use to build such a feature with Ruby on Rails?

Hassan Schroeder

Aug 31, 2014, 11:33:43 AM8/31/14
to rubyonrails-talk
On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 4:00 PM, David Williams <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble completing a large project, because I'm missing a
> feature that is necessary to finish building it. Does anyone know of a
> website builder gem that has drag-drop, view projectors like Wix

I for one have no idea what "view projectors" means, or what "Wix"
is or does.

Perhaps you could describe your actual goal a little more precisely?

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder

David Williams

Aug 31, 2014, 1:18:51 PM8/31/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hassan Schroeder wrote in post #1156440:
I apologize for not explaining clearly enough. I'm trying to build a
feature that gives users the ability to create web pages (predefined
drag and drop items included), and then I would like to present those
web pages on my domain with the link of that person's name.
www.example.com/jennycraig. I can't seem to find the gem for this
feature, but it has existed for at least 4 years now.

Hassan Schroeder

Aug 31, 2014, 3:43:46 PM8/31/14
to rubyonrails-talk
On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 10:17 AM, David Williams <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> feature that gives users the ability to create web pages (predefined
> drag and drop items included), and then I would like to present those
> web pages on my domain with the link of that person's name.
> www.example.com/jennycraig. I can't seem to find the gem for this
> feature, but it has existed for at least 4 years now.

Still not too clear on the "drag and drop items" but are you talking
about a CMS? Have you looked at:

https://www.ruby-toolbox.com/categories/content_management_systems

Or perhaps something else on ruby-toolbox will be helpful. Though
honestly, what you're describing (caveat: as far as I understand it!)
doesn't sound particularly complex.

David Williams

Aug 31, 2014, 11:14:30 PM8/31/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hassan Schroeder wrote in post #1156455:
The CMS gems available are mainly for blog creations. And what I meant
by "drag and drop" is giving the user the ability to embed html elements
into the web page itself. I'll continue to search around. Maybe, I'll
find something on github.

Hassan Schroeder

Sep 1, 2014, 8:03:50 AM9/1/14
to rubyonrails-talk
On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 8:13 PM, David Williams <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> The CMS gems available are mainly for blog creations.

?? I would hardly say that, but ...

> I'll continue to search around. Maybe, I'll find something on github.

if you do find a gem specific to this use case, would love to know.

Good luck,