Job- DevOps Engineer w Ruby experience Direct hire role No h1 or Third Parties Washington DC

Jennifer Simpson Black

Mar 10, 2016, 10:55:11 AM3/10/16
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
DevOps Engineer w Ruby experience Direct hire role No h1 or Third Parties

Washington DC

NO h1 or Third Parties

MUST-HAVES
Python/Ruby
AWS
Postgres, MySQL, Mongodb
2+ years experience in a similar role

DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Become the gatekeeper of information; you will know where all the data goes, and who to call if the data is not there.
Set up tests and monitoring systems for if our pipeline fails.
Work with a variety of API’s and integrate their data into our warehouse. Work with our partners to make sure our system is up to date with their current versions. Think ETL, but way better!
Work with a NoSQL datastore, SQL Database (yes we use both) and learning how to marry the two together. You will use processes such as sharding and replication
Create a messaging pipeline, and tap into our third party pipelines like SQS and Kafka.
Own the code you write, and deploy on AWS.
Work with our Data Scientists and Engineers to create new datasets, experiments and technology
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
You love technology, and think that things should be built rather than bought
Build prototypes and apps to solve any type of problem.
Get frustrated by bad technology and want to change that.
Launched a box or two in AWS
KNOWING ALL OF THESE IS AWESOME, SOME IS GOOD, BUT MUST KNOW AT LEAST ONE:
Python, Ruby, Javascript, R, Bash/Shell
NoSQL databases / SQL databases
Hadoop, Amazon Redshift
Node.js