New Rails project looking for beginners rails developers

Olivier Batard

Mar 10, 2015, 3:23:01 PM3/10/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello !

I'm new to the rails world, and I want to use and extend my knowledge and experience with the developement of a new Open Source project called "Lemmy". The idea is to gather some rails beginners so we can learn Rails while building an interesting Open Source project on github.

Here's the three goals of my project :

- A web file manager, simple and tag-based, without any filesystem hierarchy.
- A web frontend for lateX (Just template management and generating "Ready To Print" document.
- A full web streaming and music manager (Open Source airplay).

So if you want to learn Rails with me and build a cool project, feel free to tell me.

There must be already some project like that but remember, that's mainly a fun and community way to learn Rails ;)

Anyway, if you're interested, you can leave me a message here.

Thanks for reading.

Olivier.

Robby O'Connor

Mar 10, 2015, 4:57:30 PM3/10/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Socket.io would be handy for the streaming :)

--Rob
Sent from my cell, please excuse any typos.

Olivier Batard

Mar 10, 2015, 5:02:52 PM3/10/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the advice, I'll work with it after learning a bit :)

Rafael s

Mar 10, 2015, 5:35:10 PM3/10/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
my skype: rafaelcrvs :)

I Accept

Deepak Sharma

Mar 11, 2015, 12:57:18 AM3/11/15
On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 12:53 AM, Olivier Batard <oba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, if you're interested, you can leave me a message here.

I'm interested and I accept.

--
Cheers!

Deepak Kumar Sharma
Blog: http://deekysharma.wordpress.com

" Mistakes are proof that you are trying "

Rails_beginner

Mar 16, 2015, 6:22:37 AM3/16/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I am interested.
please contact me on the...@gmail.com

Daniel Tordable Dasilva

Mar 16, 2015, 11:39:44 AM3/16/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
And what if I even don't know rails at all nor ruby?

Olivier BATARD

Mar 16, 2015, 12:02:04 PM3/16/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

That's not a problem. Beginners are very welcome.

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Evandro Santos

Mar 16, 2015, 1:13:50 PM3/16/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
@Olivier Can i join the party?

--
Atenciosamente,
Evandro Santos

Norbert Melzer

Mar 16, 2015, 4:30:03 PM3/16/15
to Rails Mailinglist

Im Interesses Too!

Krishna Gundala

Mar 17, 2015, 3:01:52 AM3/17/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Is there any vacancy for me?
If yes, please let me in... :P

Raza Hussain

Mar 17, 2015, 3:02:37 AM3/17/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
hello,

I have three years experience in ROR I want to join this project.

Raza Hussain

Senior Software Engineer
Nextbridge Pvt , Ltd.
Email: mr.raza...@gmail.com
Skype: technologybaba

Olivier BATARD

Mar 17, 2015, 8:04:08 AM3/17/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

You’re welcome to the project. Here is the github : https://github.com/obatard/Lemmy

The project is called "Lemmy" and has three goals :

- Full Web file manager, tag-based
- LateX Web fronted, a "Ready to print" system based on git
- A Web p2p "juke box" streamer, based on icecast, like an opensource
Apple TV.

I'll create the project on github and send you the link to the
project :)

Feel free to write me if you have any question.

Olivier.

Olivier BATARD

Olivier BATARD

Olivier BATARD

Arvind Vyas

Mar 18, 2015, 7:59:10 AM3/18/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I am interested , let me know how I can contact you.

Femi Olubode-Awosola

Mar 22, 2015, 6:43:56 AM3/22/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
i would love to join but can you explain better what lemmy is?

Olivier BATARD

Mar 22, 2015, 10:24:19 AM3/22/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Here is the redmine site : https://redmine.hammicus.org please read the wiki part.

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Lance Jordan

Mar 22, 2015, 2:02:13 PM3/22/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting untrusted warning when going to:  redmine.hammicus.org

I'm interested in being part of this project, but would like more info. thanks

Olivier BATARD

Mar 22, 2015, 2:32:48 PM3/22/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Yeah it's a self signed certificate. You can trust it ...

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Mark Howard

Mar 27, 2015, 1:55:14 AM3/27/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Are you still looking for others to learn with?

Olivier BATARD

Mar 27, 2015, 4:26:25 AM3/27/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Yes, you can register at our redmine : https://redmine.hammicus.org

Zhengliang Wu

Mar 27, 2015, 4:04:47 PM3/27/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Can I join too!!

在 2015年3月10日星期二 UTC-4下午3:23:01,Olivier Batard写道:

lha

Mar 27, 2015, 4:56:15 PM3/27/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Ok. I’ll bite.

lha

Anu V

Mar 28, 2015, 4:18:38 AM3/28/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am interested to join in this project.

Olivier BATARD

Mar 28, 2015, 9:38:19 AM3/28/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Welcome, feel free to join us https://redmine.hammicus.org and begin :)

Cheers !

Norbert Melzer

Mar 30, 2015, 4:52:44 AM3/30/15
to Rails Mailinglist
All of a sudden everything is gone...

Redmine away, gitter.im chat vanished, github repo disapperead, not even Oliver Batards github account does exist anymore...

Krishna Gundala

Mar 30, 2015, 11:45:36 AM3/30/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Yeah Nobert,
Lets not stop it.. and continue with what ever ideas we got and implement something new.
Do you have any ideas on this,lets work it out...

Norbert Melzer

Mar 31, 2015, 4:48:41 AM3/31/15
to Rails Mailinglist
Yeah Nobert,
Lets not stop it.. and continue with what ever ideas we got and implement something new.
Do you have any ideas on this,lets work it out...

Thats the big pity... I don't really know what Oliver wanted to achieve, nor how he wanted to do it. So I don't really know how to continue without him.
Perhaps you have an idea?

To keep noise ratio in this ML low, I'd suggest to continue privately and repost an announcement as soon as we have a plan.

cheran krishnamoorthy

Mar 31, 2015, 5:00:23 AM3/31/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
If everything disappears all of a sudden , there is something dodgy. He had a self signed certificate , not sure what he was up to.

If you are planing to build something cool in rails, please count me in.

Thanks.

Cherankrish
Skype: cherankrish

QR code :

Sean Hoar

Mar 31, 2015, 7:44:00 AM3/31/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I just saw this thread, and now see that Oliver's github account has gone dark. I would have liked to participate as well. Can someone who was already working on this project create a new fork? Or at least comment if you are still a part of this thread and you had accepted a project invite before it went dark?

Thank you,

Sean

Norbert Melzer

Mar 31, 2015, 8:33:54 AM3/31/15
to Rails Mailinglist
There are still some forks left, as you can see on my fork-graph: https://github.com/NobbZ/Lemmy/network

Also github has made deepakkumarsharmas fork the main repo which has the following forkgraph: https://github.com/deepakkumarsharma/Lemmy/network

Also you can see even more contributors (and possible forks) on https://github.com/deepakkumarsharma/Lemmy/network/members

But I can tell, that every fork I have checked is some commits behind what Oliver had. But since even he hasn't much, so I think that it doesn't matter.

Anyway, as I told already, I don't know what Olivers goals really were. He was never really concrete, but used buzzwords, be it in the readme, issues, or the chat. So it will be hard to do what he originally planed, but I can try to remember some discussions I had with him and I will add the bits I remember to a new file of my fork.

Sean Hoar

Mar 31, 2015, 12:23:57 PM3/31/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
It looks like redmine.hammicus.org was owned by Oliver Batard and was hosted on his own private network-- so whatever was in redmine is now gone, unless he boots it back up.

<nslookup redmine.hammicus.org>

Non-authoritative answer:

redmine.hammicus.org canonical name = hammicus.org.

Name: hammicus.org

Address: 192.3.12.117

Norbert Melzer

Mar 31, 2015, 12:36:37 PM3/31/15
to Rails Mailinglist
It looks like redmine.hammicus.org was owned by Oliver Batard and was hosted on his own private network-- so whatever was in redmine is now gone, unless he boots it back up.

If it was only the redmine, I'd hope it will boot up again. Who knows, trafficlimits may kick in whenever you don't expect them ;) But that at the same time also his github account is gone, and he did non answer any mail since them, neither private ones nor the public ones... That is really suspicous, and I'm kind of worried about Olivers whereabouts...

Baturay Alhaj

Mar 31, 2015, 1:06:01 PM3/31/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Hmm his sur name "BATARD" means bastered in french!

Norbert Melzer

Mar 31, 2015, 7:10:38 PM3/31/15
to Rails Mailinglist
OK, as promised, I took some notes and pushed them to my fork.

If you also talked with obatard about some topics regarding this project, or have some ideas about the future feel free to fork and make a PR to that given file.

Also I would be glad if I could see one or another person willing to talk/help in the new gitter.im channel https://gitter.im/NobbZ/Lemmy

Krishna Gundala

Mar 31, 2015, 7:37:14 PM3/31/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Nobert, you made this happen again.
Lets ROCK.. :)

Ravi Ramdass

Apr 8, 2015, 12:54:49 PM4/8/15
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm new to Rails and I want to learn, please let me in.

Thanks!