New logo for Ruby On Rails ?

Designby Lefty

Aug 30, 2014, 9:01:38 PM8/30/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
What do you think guys ????? i think the Shiny Door is (sorry for the modesty) a great finding because soooo true.

David Adamczyk

Aug 31, 2014, 5:22:01 AM8/31/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
The old logo is pretty cool, but missing logo buttons and other things.

Manthan Mallikarjun

Aug 31, 2014, 9:04:41 PM8/31/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Personally, I think this is the coolest looking one.
http://designmodo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/rails.jpg If they
edited it to have the text, it would be perfect!

Brandon

Sep 1, 2014, 12:12:59 AM9/1/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Designby Lefty

Sep 1, 2014, 5:55:44 PM9/1/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Yes there is something like that. Again it's difficult to say because i did this, but i love the idea of the shiny, diamond door.To me it means that Rails is a door to Marvels. I'm learning Rails since the 1.6-1.8 and i love so much what it's become for medium, big internet tools. For small sites, in one language, Rails still to heavy, there is too much things to do - my thinking - to think before you can publish. I hate PHP from the start (i was a Coldfusion dev) but for small sites, with small database and if you use i.e. Dreamweaver that can write some PHP and connect to the DB, Rails is no match - unfortunately i think. But when you have a good knowledge of rails multiplied by Javascript,it's a dream come true, and with the compilation process you can somehow protect your JS innovation/R&D.
So yes, for me there is something in common with a church and Rails

Warmest Regards

Designby Lefty

Sep 2, 2014, 11:53:12 AM9/2/14
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com