How to include & combine all controller specific javascript in rails?

deepak

Jul 30, 2013, 9:41:32 AM7/30/13
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com

Originally posted here

I am using Rails 3.2.1 where I have to include few controller and action specific javascripts which I am doing using a javascript_template_manager.html.haml and calling this at the bottom of the page. Now I want to combine all these js into one to reduce the http request. I am using asset pipeline.

How can I combine controller specific js into one precompiled file?

Here is how my _javascript_template_manager.html.haml file looks like:

 %noscript
  :css
    #container{ display:none; }
  = render :partial => "/widgets/common/javascript_disabled"

= jquery_include_tag :google
= javascript_include_tag "common"

/ condetional javascripts for the app
- if params[:controller] == "settings"
  = javascript_include_tag "plugins/jQuery-cookie"

- if params[:controller] != "people" and params[:controller] != "companies"
  = javascript_include_tag "plugins/iphone-style-checkboxes"

- if params[:controller] == 'users' || params[:controller] == 'companies'
  = javascript_include_tag "plugins/best_in_place"

- if params[:controller] == 'letters' || params[:controller] == 'companies'
  = javascript_include_tag "plugins/jquery.autoSuggest"

- if params[:controller] == 'people' || params[:controller] == 'letters' || params[:controller] == 'users' || params[:controller] == 'companies'
  = javascript_include_tag "plugins/areacomplete"

= javascript_include_tag "application"

Now I want to combine all the above javascript files into one or what is the best way to do it?

- deepak