Mysql2::Error: Access denied for user username'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

fugee ohu

Oct 15, 2019, 12:03:51 PM10/15/19
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Is there any reason this would happen in rails 6?

Ariel Juodziukynas

Oct 15, 2019, 12:11:21 PM10/15/19
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I guess it's the same reason for any rails version, bad database configuration. Double check your config/database.yml

El mar., 15 oct. 2019 a las 13:04, fugee ohu (<fuge...@gmail.com>) escribió:
Is there any reason this would happen in rails 6?

fugee ohu

Oct 15, 2019, 12:14:32 PM10/15/19
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 12:11:21 PM UTC-4, Ariel Juodziukynas wrote:
I guess it's the same reason for any rails version, bad database configuration. Double check your config/database.yml

El mar., 15 oct. 2019 a las 13:04, fugee ohu (<fuge...@gmail.com>) escribió:
Is there any reason this would happen in rails 6?

Tried that I copied from a working database.yml

Ariel Juodziukynas

Oct 15, 2019, 12:17:33 PM10/15/19
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
From your other question, you changed mysql to sqlite, somewhere you still have mysql configured. Look for any mysql reference on your code and remove that.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/cf905986-2810-4f82-9b37-846093971a52%40googlegroups.com.

fugee ohu

Oct 15, 2019, 2:32:23 PM10/15/19
to Ruby on Rails: Talk

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 12:17:33 PM UTC-4, Ariel Juodziukynas wrote:
From your other question, you changed mysql to sqlite, somewhere you still have mysql configured. Look for any mysql reference on your code and remove that.

El mar., 15 oct. 2019 a las 13:15, fugee ohu (<fuge...@gmail.com>) escribió:

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 12:11:21 PM UTC-4, Ariel Juodziukynas wrote:
I guess it's the same reason for any rails version, bad database configuration. Double check your config/database.yml

El mar., 15 oct. 2019 a las 13:04, fugee ohu (<fuge...@gmail.com>) escribió:
Is there any reason this would happen in rails 6?

A lot of people having the same problem Could it be db:schema:load is dep'd in favor of db:migrate? Also I ran `  rails db:system:change --to=mysql`

fugee ohu